Generals beat the Gems 3-1
Dayton, OH- The Flint Generals got a big win Friday night in Dayton, beating the Gems 3-1.
Brendan Gentile scored first for the Generals on the power play at 4:46 of the first on the power play, getting assists from John Mori and Jamie Schaafsma. Mori got a goal of his own, also on the power play, at 10:32 of the first.
Gentile scored his second of the night and second professional goal, taking a pass from captain Pascal Rheaume at 12:09 of the third.
Mike Vaskivo scored the loan goal for Dayton at 8:39 of the second, Jonathon Ornelas got the assist.
The Generals went 2 for 5 on the power play, and Rob Nolan stopped 29 of the 30 shots he faced getting his first professional win.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from November 27, 2009
- Lindberg Goal Gives Icehawks Thrilling Overtime Win - Port Huron Icehawks
- Dayton Gems Fall To Flint Generals 3-1 - Dayton Gems
- Generals Skate Past Gems In 3-1 Victory - Flint Generals
- Generals beat the Gems 3-1 - Flint Generals
- Mallards Return To Acton Tomorrow Night - Quad City Mallards
- Generals To Announce Date For Rescheduled Game Monday - Flint Generals
- Generals Fall Short In Fort Wayne - Flint Generals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Flint Generals Stories
- Generals Zvyagin on Shelf, Alban Signed as Emergency Backup
- Generals and Komets Prepare for Game 4 on Friday
- Generals Win Thriller in OT to Take Game 3
- Generals Prepared For Game 3 Of Turner Cup Finals At Home Tonight At 7pm
- Generals Defeat Muskegon In Game 7; Will Face Fort Wayne In Turner Cup Finals