Lindberg Goal Gives Icehawks Thrilling Overtime Win
BLOOMINGTON, IL - Nick Lindberg scored 4:40 into overtime to lift the Port Huron Icehawks to a thrilling 3-2 victory in Bloomington on Friday. Daniel Tetrault and Brandon Naurato assisted on the game winning goal that keeps second place Port Huron within two points of first place in the International Hockey League.
Port Huron tied the game in the third period when rookie Mickael Bedard extended his personal scoring streak to eight games with a goal at 4:47. Derek Patrosso and Steve Oleksy had assists. Each team had seven shots on goal in the third.
The teams traded second period goals, with Bloomington's Craig MacDonald scoring at 12:41 from Matt McIlvane and Zach Pearson. Port Huron's Naurato put the Icehawks on the board with his first goal of the season in his first game with the team. The goal came right off a faceoff in the Bloomington zone and was assisted by Lindberg, who picked up his 400th career point on the play. Shots in the second period were 13-11 in Port Huron's favor.
Bloomington's Matt McIlvane scored the only goal of the first period. McIlvane's goal, assisted by MacDonald, came 9:25 into the period to give the Thunder a 1-0 advantage. Shots favored Bloomington 11-10 in the first period of play.
Port Huron outshot Bloomington 31-29 overall. Icehawks goaltender Larry Sterling made 27 saves, while Bloomington's Andrew Martin stopped 29 shots. Both teams were scoreless on the power play.
Single game tickets for all Icehawks home games are on sale now at the McMorran Arena Box Office, any Ticket Master location or by phone. For more information, call 810-966-3800.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from November 27, 2009
- Lindberg Goal Gives Icehawks Thrilling Overtime Win - Port Huron Icehawks
- Dayton Gems Fall To Flint Generals 3-1 - Dayton Gems
- Generals Skate Past Gems In 3-1 Victory - Flint Generals
- Generals beat the Gems 3-1 - Flint Generals
- Mallards Return To Acton Tomorrow Night - Quad City Mallards
- Generals To Announce Date For Rescheduled Game Monday - Flint Generals
- Generals Fall Short In Fort Wayne - Flint Generals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Port Huron Icehawks Stories
- Kinney Entertainment Discontinues Icehawks Organization
- Icehawks And E&A Credit Union Saves For Charity Program Raises $1100
- Port Huron Icehawks 2009-10 Season Review
- Stan Drulia Resigns As Icehawks Head Coach After Three Seasons
- Fort Wayne's Goal With 2.1 Seconds Remaining Forces Deciding Game