Generals Announce Trade
Oshawa, Ontario - November 30th, 2005 (Generals Hockey Inc.) - The Oshawa Generals announced today that they have acquired right-shot, forward Brett MacLean, right-shot defenceman, Eric Regan from the Erie Otters as well as Erie's 2nd round pick in 2006 and their 2nd round pick in 2007 in exchange for Adam Berti and Bret Nasby.
MacLean, Erie's first round pick in 2004, is 6'2", 197lbs. and a native of Port Elgin, Ontario. In 68 games last season, Brett had 7 goals, 16 assists and 31 minutes in penalties. In 6 playoff games, he added 1 goal, 1 assist and 6 penalty minutes.
Regan, Erie's third round pick in 2004, is 6'3", 193 lbs. and a native of Whitby, Ontario. In 61 games last season, Eric had 2 goals, 2 assists and 6 minutes in penalties.
"We are excited to have obtained these two young hockey players. Obviously, with both being 1988 birthdates we are continuing to build our club and of course, the two second round draft picks are also a integral part of the deal," said Brad Selwood, General Manager of the Oshawa Generals. "This trade addresses our short-term needs while also promising a bright future. It is, however, very difficult to make these type of deals given the quality of the two guys that have left our organization. Adam and Bret are great people and we wish them every success."
Updated information will be posted on the Oshawa Generals website at www.oshawagenerals.com.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from November 30, 2005
- Opposing goalie may be familiar - North Bay Battalion
- Running With the Colts - Barrie Colts
- Order Your Ottawa 67's Custom Vapour XX Stick Today - Ottawa 67's
- Brophey Trade Signals Plymouth's Run For First Place - Plymouth Whalers
- Petes again top CHL Mosaik MasterCard Top 10 Rankings - OHL
- Generals Announce Trade - Oshawa Generals
- Bryan Little Named the CHL Player of the Week - Barrie Colts
- McDonald's Teddy Bear Toss This Sunday - Ottawa 67's
- Brownell Successful With Wexford - Owen Sound Attack
- Otters acquire Berti and Nasby - Erie Otters
- Frontenacs play final game of November - Kingston Frontenacs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.