Gameday Hub: January 24th
Medicine Hat Tigers (29-13-1-1) at Saskatoon Blades (22-18-1-2)
Date | Time Friday Jan. 24th | 7:00pm
Place Sasktel Centre, SK
Video Stream WHL Live
Radio 98 COOL FM | Pre-Game Show w/ Les Lazaruk @ 6:00pm
Mobile App Apple | Android
Next Home Game 7:00pm Saturday, Jan 25th vs. Edmonton Oil Kings for Superhero Night
Social Media @BladesHockey| Facebook | Instagram
Led from the back-end by Ottawa Senators prospect netminder Mads Sogaard, the Medicine Hat Tigers' strength doesn't alone lie in goaltending. Medicine Hat's 190 goals scored is good for second in the league. The Blades' defensive game will need to be at its best if Saskatoon is to pull through with a win in their last regular season encounter with this Central Division club.
For Saskatoon, the team is expected to head into tonight's battle relatively unchanged from the side that walloped the Swift Current Broncos 5-0 & 7-2 last weekend. Tristen Robins had six points, three goals and three assists, in the Blades' last two games and was ranked on NHL Central Scouting's midterm rankings ahead of the 2020 NHL Draft. Recently acquired Slovakian forward Martin Fasko-Rudas is also on hot, having notched two goals and an assist in his first three games as a Blade.
Vegas Night presented by Dakota Dunes Casino: Fans will be able to jump into The Original 16 Lounge from 6pm and play a variety of Casino games with prizes to win from Dakota Dunes Casino and the Saskatoon Blades. CAA are also giving everyone in attendance a chance to win a trip to Las Vegas! Additionally, Magician Andrew Kinakin will be present and performing on the concourse throughout the night.
Wawanesa Drive to Win: As part of Wawanesa game night, two lucky fans will be chosen to participate in the Wawanesa Drive to Win intermission contest. Each contestant will navigate through an on-ice course with remote control Wawanesa trucks. The first contestant to get their truck into the garage at the other end of the ice wins a $100 Frozen Pond gift card!
Canadian Brewhouse Happy Hour: Enjoy the convenience of heading straight from work to the game - $5 Happy Hour Beers between doors opening & puck-drop - just another reason to get to the game early tonight.
Post-Game Autograph Zone: From Slovakia, tonight's featured player of the game is Martin Fasko-Rudas, who has a point in every game (2G-1) since joining the Blades' from Everett via Swift Current on trade deadline day.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from January 24, 2020
- Wheat Kings Double the Royals to Win 10th Straight - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Raiders Use High Energy Game to Upend Oil Kings - Prince Albert Raiders
- Broncos Drop Home Game to Moose Jaw - Swift Current Broncos
- Tigers Tumble 6-5 to Blades - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Strong Starts Leads Warriors to Win in Swift Current - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Lethbridge Bolts to 5-0 Lead, Cruises to 7-2 Win - Regina Pats
- Oil Kings Regulation Win Streak Snapped in Prince Albert - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Rebels Rookie Defenceman Sedoff Growing His Game - Red Deer Rebels
- Kelly Kisio to Receive 'Forever a Hitmen' Honour - Calgary Hitmen
- Gameday Hub: January 24th - Saskatoon Blades
- Game 45 at Saskatoon - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Game Day Hub: January 24 - Portland Winterhawks
- Game Day Preview: Pats Back Home to Take on Lethbridge Friday - Regina Pats
- Wolf Money down the Stretch as Silvertips Hold off Giants - Everett Silvertips
- Giants Drop Hard Fought One-Goal Decision to Everett Silvertips - Vancouver Giants
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Saskatoon Blades Stories
- Government of Saskatchewan Announces New Funding to Support Junior Hockey
- Love, Dietrich Awarded Silver Medals at 2021 IIHF World Junior Championship
- Robins Skating in First NHL Training Camp, Among Numerous Alumni
- 2021 World Juniors: Canada Blanks Russia to Advance to Gold Medal Game
- Canada Shuts out Czech Republic to Advance to Semifinals