Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Philadelphia Union
ORLANDO, Fla. - The New England Revolution (1-1-3; 6 pts.) are set to begin play in the MLS is Back Tournament Knockout Stage on Saturday night against the Philadelphia Union (2-1-2; 8 pts.). The Round of 16 match kicks off at 10:30 p.m. ET at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Fla., and will be televised nationally on ESPN 2, with Spanish commentary on ESPN Deportes. The contest airs locally on the radio with Brad Feldman and Charlie Davies calling the action on 98.5 The Sports Hub, as well as nationally on SiriusXM FC Channel 157.
New England sealed its place in the Round of 16 as the Group C runners-up, concluding the group stage with five points and an unbeaten 1-0-2 record. The Revolution enter Saturday's contest on a four-match unbeaten streak, having not lost since the Feb. 29 season opener at Montreal. Since Sporting Director and Head Coach Bruce Arena joined the Revolution in 2019, the club has lost only four times in 24 regular season games (9-4-11) and is unbeaten in the month of July (5-0-3). Arena has only one loss in 10 regular season meetings with Philadelphia, holding a 6-1-3 record against the Union.
The Revolution's back line will look to record its third clean sheet in four MLS is Back Tournament games on Saturday, having conceded only one goal in the tournament thus far. Defender Andrew Farrell returned to the starting lineup and played a full 90 minutes in his tournament debut in Tuesday's 0-0 draw with Toronto F.C. Defender Brandon Bye has started all five games and played every minute of the Revolution's 2020 season, while rookie defender Henry Kessler aims to continue his run of appearing in every match of his first MLS season, with five games played and three starts thus far. Goalkeeper Matt Turner will look to add to his 12 career shutouts after he logged a season-high five saves in Tuesday's draw.
With a win against Philadelphia on Saturday, the Revolution would advance to the MLS is Back Tournament Quarterfinals, where the club would face the winner of Sunday's Round of 16 match between Sporting Kansas City and Vancouver Whitecaps FC. That Quarterfinal contest would take place on Thursday, July 30 at 8:00 p.m. ET (ESPN/ESPN Deportes).
Revolution vs. Philadelphia Union: MLS is Back Tournament Round of 16
Date: Saturday, July 25, 2020
Kickoff: 10:30 p.m. ET
Location: ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort (Orlando, Florida)
National TV: ESPN 2 (English) / ESPN Deportes (Spanish)
Local Radio: 98.5 The Sports Hub
National Radio: SiriusXM FC Channel 157
Radio Talent: Brad Feldman (play-by-play), Charlie Davies (analyst)
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 24, 2020
- By the Numbers: the Round of 16 - Orlando City SC
- "It's Going to be a Battle": Lions Prepare for Round of 16 Fixture - Orlando City SC
- Preview: Sporting to Battle Vancouver in Round of 16 on Sunday - Sporting Kansas City
- Atlanta United, Frank de Boer Mutually Agree to Part Ways - Atlanta United FC
- Chicago Fire FC Midfielder Luka Stojanovic Undergoes Successful McL Repair - Chicago Fire
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Philadelphia Union - New England Revolution
- QuestTEXAS Ch.55 to Air All Locally-Televised Dynamo Matches in 2020 Season - Houston Dynamo
- Orlando City Face Montreal Impact in Round of 16 Matchup - Orlando City SC
- Chicago Fire FC Loans Chris Brady, Alex Monis and Allan Rodriguez to Forward Madison FC - Chicago Fire
- Preview: Orlando City Face Montreal Impact in Round of 16 Matchup - Orlando City SC
- Timbers Secure Top Spot in Group F of MLS Is Back Tournament with 2-2 Draw against Los Angeles FC - Portland Timbers
- 16 Clubs Advance to MLS Is Back Tournament Knockout Stage Presented by Audi - MLS
- Sounders FC to Face Los Angeles FC in Knockout Stage of MLS Is Back Tournament - Seattle Sounders FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Revolution Stories
- Revolution and New York City FC Play to 0-0 Draw
- Wednesday's Revolution Match vs. Montreal Impact Moved to 5:00 p.m.
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. New York City FC
- Kickoff Time Announced for Revolution's Match vs. New York City FC on September 19
- Revolution Fall, 2-1, to Philadelphia Union