QuestTEXAS Ch.55 to Air All Locally-Televised Dynamo Matches in 2020 Season
HOUSTON - Houston Dynamo fans will be able to find every locally-produced match broadcast for the remainder of the 2020 season on QuestTEXAS Ch.55, the Club announced this morning.
QuestTEXAS is owned and operated by TEGNA Inc., the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups with 62 television stations in 51 markets including KHOU (CBS Ch. 11) in Houston. TEGNA also reserves the opportunity to air Dynamo matches on KHOU when the Club's match schedule allows. The agreement marks a return to the two stations where Dynamo matches were broadcast from 2007-11.
"We are looking forward to returning to play at BBVA Stadium later this year, and we're thrilled to partner with QuestTEXAS and KHOU to bring all of our matches to fans throughout the Houston area," said Houston Dynamo and Dash President John Walker. "Teaming up with TEGNA increases our ability to reach more fans in all parts of the Greater Houston area, and it's great to return to a pair of channels where many of the Club's greatest matches were first aired as we continue writing the next chapter of Dynamo history."
In addition to the Dynamo matches, KHOU will air the 2020 NWSL Challenge Cup Final, which features the Houston Dash playing in their first-ever championship match, against the Chicago Red Stars on Sunday, July 26 at 11:30 a.m. CDT.
"We are so excited to bring the Dynamo into homes across the Houston area," said Robert Springer, President and General Manager of KHOU/KTBU. "Our viewers have been waiting a long time to get back to live sports - we can't wait to see the Dynamo in action!"
Dynamo and Dash fans are also encouraged to tune in to the Dynamo Download, a special edition of KHOU's late local news, on Sunday night at 11:15 p.m. for a breakdown of the Dynamo's performance in the MLS is Back Tournament along with a recap of the Dash's run to the NWSL Challenge Cup Final.
Thursday night, the Dynamo saw their run in the MLS is Back Tournament, in which every game is televised nationally, come to an end following a 1-1 draw with the LA Galaxy. Although Major League Soccer has not announced plans for a return to play in clubs' local markets, the Dynamo remain optimistic about returning to play in Houston later this year.
QuestTEXAS Ch 55.1 channel guide:
Over the air: 55.1 HD
Xfinity/Comcast: 55 (1055 HD)
AT&T U-verse: 55 (1055 HD)
DIRECTV: 55 HD
Dish Network: 55 HD
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 24, 2020
- By the Numbers: the Round of 16 - Orlando City SC
- "It's Going to be a Battle": Lions Prepare for Round of 16 Fixture - Orlando City SC
- Preview: Sporting to Battle Vancouver in Round of 16 on Sunday - Sporting Kansas City
- Atlanta United, Frank de Boer Mutually Agree to Part Ways - Atlanta United FC
- Chicago Fire FC Midfielder Luka Stojanovic Undergoes Successful McL Repair - Chicago Fire
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Philadelphia Union - New England Revolution
- QuestTEXAS Ch.55 to Air All Locally-Televised Dynamo Matches in 2020 Season - Houston Dynamo
- Orlando City Face Montreal Impact in Round of 16 Matchup - Orlando City SC
- Chicago Fire FC Loans Chris Brady, Alex Monis and Allan Rodriguez to Forward Madison FC - Chicago Fire
- Preview: Orlando City Face Montreal Impact in Round of 16 Matchup - Orlando City SC
- Timbers Secure Top Spot in Group F of MLS Is Back Tournament with 2-2 Draw against Los Angeles FC - Portland Timbers
- 16 Clubs Advance to MLS Is Back Tournament Knockout Stage Presented by Audi - MLS
- Sounders FC to Face Los Angeles FC in Knockout Stage of MLS Is Back Tournament - Seattle Sounders FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Houston Dynamo Stories
- Dynamo Rally Late for 2-2 Draw at Minnesota
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Travel to Allianz Field to Face Minnesota United FC
- Dynamo Fall to Nashville SC 3-1
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Close Two-Game Stretch Versus Eastern Conference Opponents against Nashville SC
- Dynamo Fall to Inter Miami CF 1-0