Game Preview: Gens with Mid-Week Matchup Tonight at Home against Frontenacs at 7:05pm
The Generals play in a mid-week game tonight at the Tribute Communities Centre as they take on the Kingston Frontenacs. After going 2-1-0-0 last weekend in the three-game stretch, the Gens come into the game with a 41-20-4-0 record on the season. With only three games remaining until playoffs, the Gens will aim for a win tonight to head into their final weekend of the regular season with momentum.
Oshawa's matchup with Kingston tonight marks the seventh time that the two divisional teams will battle each other this season. So far in the season series, the Gens have gotten the better of the Fronts with a 4-2-0-0 record. With the last game between the two clubs resulting in a big 6-1 victory for Oshawa, look for the Gens to push offensively and try for the same outcome tonight.
With the Gens putting together plenty of wins down the stretch for a 7-2-1-0 record in their last ten contests, the team sits at 86 points in 65 games on the season. They currently hold second place in their division and fourth place in the eastern conference only one point behind the third place Sudbury Wolves. Meanwhile, the Kingston Frontenacs remain at the bottom of the east with a season record of 14-49-1-1. With both teams coming off shutout losses in their last contest, expect each to come out hungry for an early first goal tonight.
In the final week of the regular season, two Gens to keep an eye on include the team's leading point producer Brandon Saigeon and the leading goal scorer Anthony Salinitri. Since arriving in Oshawa in January, Saigeon has been one of the team's top producers with a point-per-game at 25 points through 25 games in a Gens jersey. His incredible 88 points on the season puts him in 12th in the OHL for scoring and first on the Gens. Salinitri isn't far behind Saigeon, claiming the 13th spot in OHL scoring with 85 points including an amazing 45 goals in 65 games. With three games remaining, look for each forward to finish off the regular season strong and continue to add to their impressive numbers.
Join us at the Tribute Communities Centre tonight for the 7:05pm puck drop to watch the Gens as they go toe-to-toe with the Kingston Frontenacs! After tonight, the team will go on to play the Fronts in Kingston on Friday before concluding the regular season with a game at home against the Sudbury Wolves on Sunday.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from March 13, 2019
- Gens Hold off Fronts, 3-2 - Oshawa Generals
- Attack End Colts' Playoff Hopes with 5-1 Win - Barrie Colts
- Robinson Leads Attack to 30th Victory of Season, 5-1 over Colts - Owen Sound Attack
- Otters Fall 6-3 to Rangers at Home - Erie Otters
- Rangers Double up Otters 6-3 - Kitchener Rangers
- Alumni Night to Fete Champs - North Bay Battalion
- Season Down to Wire - North Bay Battalion
- Online Warm up Jersey Auction Ends Today Beginning at 6pm - Guelph Storm
- Game Preview: Gens with Mid-Week Matchup Tonight at Home against Frontenacs at 7:05pm - Oshawa Generals
- Steelheads Get Back at Otters in 5-2 Win - Mississauga Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oshawa Generals Stories
- Eastern Conference Championship Series Preview
- Post Season Preview Eastern Conference Finals: Gens vs. 67's
- 2019 OHL Eastern Conference Championship Series Schedule Scenario
- Generals Oust IceDogs
- Game Preview: Gens Aim to Eliminate IceDogs at Home Tonight in Game 6 at 7:05pm