Otters Fall 6-3 to Rangers at Home
ERIE, PA - The Erie Otters returned to home ice on Wednesday evening to take on the Kitchener Rangers, following a 5-2 loss in Mississauga the night before. Kitchener opened the game with eight unanswered shot, and broke open the scoring with a goal from Riley Damiani. Erie answered quickly with their first shot of the game from Jack Duff, who beat Luke Richardson for his fourth of the year to tie the game at one.
In the second, the teams traded opportunities until Mathew MacDougall struck with his 16th of the season, giving the Otters the lead with under five minutes remaining in the period. Kitchener fought back quickly, tying the game only 31 seconds later with Riley Damiani's second of the evening.
In the final period, the Rangers found the back of the net twice to go ahead 4-2. On a late powerplay chance, Gera Poddubnyi netted his 28th of the year, bringing the Otters within a goal of tying, but Riley Damiani and Jonathan Yantsis would add late empty net goals to seal the 6-3 victory for the Rangers.
The Otters will be back in action Friday evening when they travel to Guelph to take on the Storm at 7:30PM.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from March 13, 2019
- Gens Hold off Fronts, 3-2 - Oshawa Generals
- Attack End Colts' Playoff Hopes with 5-1 Win - Barrie Colts
- Robinson Leads Attack to 30th Victory of Season, 5-1 over Colts - Owen Sound Attack
- Otters Fall 6-3 to Rangers at Home - Erie Otters
- Rangers Double up Otters 6-3 - Kitchener Rangers
- Alumni Night to Fete Champs - North Bay Battalion
- Season Down to Wire - North Bay Battalion
- Online Warm up Jersey Auction Ends Today Beginning at 6pm - Guelph Storm
- Game Preview: Gens with Mid-Week Matchup Tonight at Home against Frontenacs at 7:05pm - Oshawa Generals
- Steelheads Get Back at Otters in 5-2 Win - Mississauga Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.