Gamblers Trade Frisch & Herrman to Fargo
The Green Bay Gamblers announced on Monday that they have traded defenseman Ethan Frisch and forward Rory Herrman to the Fargo Force. In exchange the Gamblers receive forward Ryan O'Reilly and defenseman Xan Gurney. Gamblers also receive a 2020 3rd Round Phase 1 pick. O'Reilly and Gurney are expected to be in the Gamblers line-up on Wednesday.
O'Reilly (3/21/2000) is in his second year in the USHL. Last season, the University of Denver commit was named to the USHL All-Rookie Second team after tallying 21 goals and 13 assists in 45 games with the Madison Capitols. Traded to Fargo prior to the season, the Southlake, Texas native as 11 goals and nine assists in 41 games.
A winner of two Clark Cups, Gurney (5/28/00) has appeared in 33 games with the Force, notching seven assists and 70 penalty minutes. Gurney hoisted the Clark Cup in 2017 with the Chicago Steel and again in 2018 as a member of the Force. A native of Grosse Ile, Michigan, Gurney is committed to Western Michigan University.
Frisch leaves the Gamblers after posting 14 points (2g & 12a) in 41 games. The Moorhead, Minnesota native saw action in 14 games last season, producing six assists. Frisch is committed to the University of North Dakota (2019).
Herrman is in his third season with the Gamblers. In 36 games, the Poway, California native had 22 points (10g & 12a). In 128 career games with the Gamblers, Herrman produced 22 goals, 27 assists and 167 penalty minutes. Herrman is committed to R.P.I. (2019).
Gamblers host the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders at the Resch Center this Wednesday. They are also home on Saturday, March 2 and Sunday, March 3. Start times are 7:05 PM on Wednesday and Saturday and 3:05 PM on Sunday. For tickets go to gamblershockey.com or stop by the Resch Center box office. Hours are 11:00 - 5:00 PM, Monday - Friday and beginning at 11:00 AM on Saturday and Sunday. For group rates and beverage inclusive seating contact Greg at 405-1150.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from February 25, 2019
- Stars Trade Britt, Klee to Sioux Falls, Receive Follmer, Shields, 2019 PII 1st, Future Considerations - Lincoln Stars
- Stampede Acquire Defensemen Britt & Klee from Lincoln - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Gamblers Trade Frisch & Herrman to Fargo - Green Bay Gamblers
- Frisch and Herrman Acquired from Gamblers - Fargo Force
- Force Acquire Frisch and Herrman; Trade Gurney and O'Reilly - Fargo Force
- Capitols Acquire Smith and Future Considerations from Sioux City - Madison Capitols
- Capitols Split Weekend Decision - Madison Capitols
- Sioux City Acquires Josh Boyer from Madison - Sioux City Musketeers
- USHL Players of the Week Named for Week 22 - USHL
- Sorensen Soars During High-Scoring Weekend - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Weekend Recap - Green Bay Gamblers
- 7,202 Teddy Bears Tossed - Green Bay Gamblers
- Former Hawk Montour Traded - Waterloo Black Hawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.