7,202 Teddy Bears Tossed
On Saturday, February 23, a crowd of 7,441, tossed 7,202 bears on the ice during the team's annual Teddy Bear Toss presented by WPS Health Insurance. In its 20th year, the Teddy Bear Toss has collected more than 100,000 stuffed animals.
The bears came out late in the second period when forward Noah Prokop scored.
In the 20-year history of the Teddy Bear Toss, the Gamblers and their fans have tossed and donated 119,888 stuffed animals to local hospitals and other charities across Northeast Wisconsin.
Dating back to 2000, the Teddy Bear Toss is a one time yearly event, where fans are asked to bring a new Teddy Bear to the designated game. When the Gamblers score their first goal, fans are encouraged to throw their bear(s) on the ice. In its first year, the team collected a little over 400 bears.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from February 25, 2019
- Stars Trade Britt, Klee to Sioux Falls, Receive Follmer, Shields, 2019 PII 1st, Future Considerations - Lincoln Stars
- Stampede Acquire Defensemen Britt & Klee from Lincoln - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Gamblers Trade Frisch & Herrman to Fargo - Green Bay Gamblers
- Frisch and Herrman Acquired from Gamblers - Fargo Force
- Force Acquire Frisch and Herrman; Trade Gurney and O'Reilly - Fargo Force
- Capitols Acquire Smith and Future Considerations from Sioux City - Madison Capitols
- Capitols Split Weekend Decision - Madison Capitols
- Sioux City Acquires Josh Boyer from Madison - Sioux City Musketeers
- USHL Players of the Week Named for Week 22 - USHL
- Sorensen Soars During High-Scoring Weekend - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Weekend Recap - Green Bay Gamblers
- 7,202 Teddy Bears Tossed - Green Bay Gamblers
- Former Hawk Montour Traded - Waterloo Black Hawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.