Frogs Fall to Mallards in Weather-Shortened Contest
Green Bay, WI. - The visiting Madison Mallards (25-8) swept the home-and-home series with a 4-2 triumph over the host Green Bay Bullfrogs (12-22) at Joannes Stadium Sunday afternoon. The game was officially called due to weather and unplayable field conditions in the top of the seventh inning, giving Madison the victory. The Frogs drop to 2-4 against the Mallards this summer.
Madison struck first in the second inning, grabbing the early 2-0 advantage on an error and a wild pitch. Green Bay answered with a two-spot of their own in the fourth inning on a RBI ground out by Blake Nelson (Junior, Univ. of Michigan) and sacrifice fly from Cooper Morrison (Sophomore, UC Davis) to knot the score at 2-2.
The Mallards quickly took back the 3-2 lead in the following frame with a RBI double from Justice Bigbie in the fifth. Madison's Trevor Boone then laced a RBI triple in the seventh inning to extend the margin out to 4-2 before the storm blew in and ended up stopping play.
Luke Robinson (Sophomore, Western Carolina) led the Green Bay offense finishing 2-for-3 with a double and a run scored. Nelson went 1-for-3 with a single to extend his current hit streak to seven games.
Madison relief pitcher Leon Hunter earned the win, improving to 3-0. Green Bay reliever Kenny Carrillo (Sophomore, Golden West College) took the loss, falling to 0-1.
The Bullfrogs remain at home tomorrow night for the opener of a two-game series against the Wisconsin Woodchucks. First pitch is slated for a 7:05 p.m. start from Joannes Stadium as both teams meet for the first time this season.
A live video webcast of tomorrow's contest can be streamed online through the official Northwoods League website. Fans can also listen to the live audio broadcast on WOCO Radio (107.1 FM) or online at WOCO.Caster.FM.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from July 1, 2018
- Huskies Strike Late to Stun MoonDogs - Duluth Huskies
- Stingers Win Fourth Straight as Binger Deals - Willmar Stingers
- Rafters Hook Kingfish for a Double-Digit Win - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Woodchucks Late Inning Rally Falls Short to Chinooks - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Rivets Win Shootout 12-11 Against Battle Creek - Rockford Rivets
- Growlers Push Past Spiders 8-5 - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Growlers Split Series with Dock Spiders - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Loggers Launch Two Home Runs to Defeat Honkers - Rochester Honkers
- Frogs Fall to Mallards in Weather-Shortened Contest - Green Bay Booyah
- Rafters Seek Redemption against Kingfish - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Bucks Fall 8-7 in Extras to Thunder Bay - Waterloo Bucks
- Rivets Can't Outlast Bombers, Lose 7-4 - Rockford Rivets
- Stingers Chisel Rox in 7-6 Win - Willmar Stingers
- Rafters Fall to Improbable Comeback - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Woodchucks Bats Break out in Win to Chinooks - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Bullfrogs Unable to Overcome Early Deficit in Loss to Mallards - Green Bay Booyah
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Green Bay Booyah Stories
- Booyah Announce 2020 Northwoods League Schedule
- Booyah Bring Back Six Players from 2019
- Tom Carty Inks Contract for Second Season
- Booyah & Voyageurs Announce Ticket Package Pricing and Renewal Information for 2020 Season
- Booyah & Voyageurs Inaugural Seasons a Home Run with the Community