Forse Earns Catch Of The Week Award
Green Bay Blizzard wide receiver Nate Forse has been named "The Big Game Catch of the Week" winner for his reception seconds before halftime against the Tennessee Valley Vipers. Forse in his rookie arenafootball2 (af2) season has been setting Blizzard receiving records all season and now can add a league award to his accomplishments.
Quarterback Gino Guidugli was forced to throw an errant pass behind Forse requiring a one handed grab over the middle. Without this athletic play by Forse, the ball was an easy interception for the trailing defender. A couple of plays later the Blizzard scored a touchdown and went into the half with a 30-28 lead over the defending champion Vipers.
Statistically, Forse finished the game with nine catches, 126 yards and three touchdowns. His play helped lead the Blizzard onto a first round road playoff victory which advances them to the conference semifinals against the Iowa Barnstormers, Saturday August 8th.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from August 5, 2009
- Four Dawgz earn All-af2 honors - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
- Wildcats have 2 players named to All-af2 team - South Georgia Wildcats
- Jackson earns All-af2 honors - Albany Firebirds
- Two Wolves earn All-af2 status - Manchester Wolves
- Guerrero, Sanders named first team All-af2 - Boise Burn
- Barnstormers Dansby, Glas earn All-af2 honors - Iowa Barnstormers
- Eight BattleWings land on All-af2 list - Bossier-Shreveport Battle Wings
- Top League Performers Earn All-af2 Status - af2
- Forse Earns Catch Of The Week Award - Green Bay Blizzard
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.