Five Lookouts Named 2019 North Division All-Stars
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. - The Southern League has announced the 2019 North Division All-Star Team. The initial roster features five Chattanooga Lookouts players, Ibandel Isabel, Alfredo Rodriguez, Taylor Trammell, Tejay Antone and Joel Kuhnel. The 2019 All-Star Game will take place on Tuesday, June 18 at MGM Park in Biloxi, Mississippi.
Ibandel Isabel has been lighting up the Southern League leaderboard this season. The first baseman leads the league and all of Double-A in home runs with 14. He is also second in the league in RBIs with 38. This All-Star appearance will mark his third career All-Star game after being named a Pioneer League All-Star in 2016 and a California League All-Star in 2017.
Fellow infielder Alfredo Rodriguez is also making the trip to Biloxi. Rodriguez is currently tied for fifth in batting with a .298 average and is third in hits with 59. He has currently recorded a hit in 14 of his last 15 games and has 15 multi-hit games.
Joining Isabel and Rodriguez in the field is Reds number two prospect Taylor Trammell. The outfielder got off to a torrid start in April, accumulating a .292 (21-for-72) average with three home runs and 15 RBIs. Trammell is also leading the league in walks with 38.
Appearing on the North Division pitching staff are starting pitcher Tejay Antone and closer Joel Kuhnel. Antone is currently tied for the league lead in wins and has been unhittable at times this season. So far this season Antone has already taken two no-hit bids past the sixth inning. The former Weatherford College star has an ERA of 2.83 and is tied for fifth in the league in WHIP and ninth in batting average against.
Kuhnel has also had a strong first half, picking up nine saves in 12 opportunities this season. His nine saves are second in the league and he also sports a 2.64 ERA.
Fans who want to see the Lookouts All-Stars in action can see the team kick off the second half on June 20th at 7:15 p.m. The team's next homestand is 10-games long that features four fireworks shows including Peppa Pig Night and Superhero Night. To buy tickets to the second half slate of games, call the Lookouts ticket office at 423-267-4TIX or visit Lookouts.com.
Images from this story
Chattanooga Lookouts pitcher Tyler Jay
• Discuss this story on the Southern League message board...
Southern League Stories from June 12, 2019
- Smokies Drop Series Opener in 12 in Pensacola - Tennessee Smokies
- One Run Enough as Barons Take Opener vs. Shrimp - Birmingham Barons
- Mahoney Perfect, Barons Edge Shrimp Late 1-0 - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Lookouts Loss Makes Comeback Tougher - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Rosenberg Shuts Down Lookouts, 7-1 - Montgomery Biscuits
- Five Lookouts Named 2019 North Division All-Stars - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Wednesday, June 12 vs. Mobile BayBears | 6:35 Pm CT | Trustmark Park - Mississippi Braves
- Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp Game Notes, June 12 at Birmingham - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Yamamoto Called up from Jumbo Shrimp to Marlins - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Dallas Keuchel Expected to Start for M-Braves During Saturday Doubleheader - Mississippi Braves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chattanooga Lookouts Stories
- Join Us for Lookouts Opening Day at Home
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Lookouts Cancel FanFest
- FanFest Rain Or Shine this Saturday
- Lookouts Single Game Tickets Go On-Sale March 2 at 9:00 a.m.