Fire Open Training Camp
Louisville, KY- The Louisville Fire Arena Football team opens training camp on Monday, March 11, 2008. The team will report on March 10, 2008 for physicals.
Practice begins at 10:00 AM at Old Cardinal Stadium at the Kentucky Fair and Exposition Center. The team will return to the field for the second part of the two-a-days at 4:00 PM. The team will practice at Old Cardinal Stadium through Monday, March 17. From March 18-22 the team will go inside for the first time at Broadbent Arena. The team will practice from 10:00 AM-Noon and 4:00 PM-7:00 PM everyday except for Sunday, March 16 when they will practice from 4:00 PM-6:00 PM.
The 2008 training camp roster consists of rookies and veterans. Two of the three members from the 2007 Louisville Fire offensive line Tim Long and Joe Washington which led the way for arenafootball2's leading rush and led the league in rushing, are returning for camp. af2's leading rusher, Demetrius Forney, is returning for the 2008 camp. The camp will also feature several rookies. Defensive back Dominic Ross, All-Big East in 2006, and fullback Deriontae' Taylor, played for the 2007 Orange Bowl Champions University of Louisville, are among the rookies in camp.
"This is going to be one of the most competitive camps since I have been here," replied Head Coach Tommy Johnson when asked about the upcoming training camp. "I am really excited about the high expectations that go along with the team this season."
The Louisville Fire will kickoff the 2008 season against the Iowa Barnstormers on March 29. Season tickets for the 2008 Fire season are on sale now and can be purchased by calling 502.368.0009 today. Season ticket packages begin at $72.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from March 7, 2008
- Shock Add Former All-American - Spokane Shock
- Fire Open Training Camp - Louisville Fire
- Coyotes Wine And Dine Local Fans - Central Valley Coyotes
- Old School Leather Helmets Are Back! - Green Bay Blizzard
- Amarillo Dusters Begin Training Camp Today - Amarillo Venom
- Battle Wings Open Training Camp March 9 - Bossier-Shreveport Battle Wings
- Quad City Steamwheelers Single Game Tickets On Sale March 10 - Quad City Steamwheelers
- Conquest Announce 2008 Coaching Staff - Albany Firebirds
- Former West Scranton Star Evan Prall Slated to be a Pioneer in 2008 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pioneers
- Former Boilermaker Assigned To Thunder Roster - Mahoning Valley Thunder
- Bossier-Shreveport BattleWings Announce Weekly Television Program - Bossier-Shreveport Battle Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.