Fightins Drop Friday Night, 6-2, to the Patriots
The Reading Fightin Phils fell to the Somerset Patriots, 6-2, on Friday night. The team battled hard but couldn't keep up with just its four hits.
Somerset struck first scoring two runs on two hits in the bottom of the second.
Logan O'Hoppe had his fifth home run of the series with a solo shot in the top of the third to cut the Patriots lead in half.
The Fightins tied it up as Aldrem Corredor singled homeAli Castillo.
In the bottom of the sixth, the Patriots added two more as Rodolfo Duran, the former R-Phil, smoked a home run to left field.
Somerset tacked another on each in the seventh and eighth as Oliver Dunn homered for the final run of the game. They led 6-2.
James McArthur pitched five and a third innings allowing four runs on four hits. He allowed four walks and struck out five.
Mike Adams came in with two runners on and stranded them both. He threw the seventh letting up just one run.
Brian Marconi allowed a solo homer in the ninth.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from May 20, 2022
- Squirrels Surrender 12 Runs in Loss to Curve - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Bowie Hammers Hartford to Break Losing Skid - Bowie Baysox
- Olson Ks Career-High and Carpenter Homers Twice on Friday - Erie SeaWolves
- Fightins Drop Friday Night, 6-2, to the Patriots - Reading Fightin Phils
- Baysox Offense Dismantles Yard Goats Pitching - Hartford Yard Goats
- Fraizer Stomps Squirrels in 12-4 Curve Win - Altoona Curve
- Ponies Fall at Home to 'Ducks - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Senators Sweep Sea Dogs in Twin Bill - Portland Sea Dogs
- Valera Homers Again, Ducks Win Fifth Straight by Downing Binghamton 4-2 - Akron RubberDucks
- Patriots Win Second Game as the Zorros de Somerset - Somerset Patriots
- SeaWolves Announce Three Family Movie Nights - Erie SeaWolves
- May 20, 2022 Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.