Fighting Saints Release 2021-22 Schedule
CHICAGO - The USHL has released the schedule for the 2021-22 season. The regular season, presented by MidWestOne Bank, will begin with the Fall Classic in Pittsburgh on September 23, and the remaining 60 games of a regionally-based schedule start on October 2 against the Green Bay Gamblers. The full schedule is available at DubuqueFightingSaints.com.
On the heels of making the Clark Cup Playoffs for the tenth consecutive season, the Dubuque Fighting Saints will look to extend that streak to eleven with an exciting group of returning players and new faces, including a new face at the head coach position. The ten consecutive playoff appearances remain far-and-away the longest streak in the USHL.
"It's so nice to be back to normal, with a full schedule, full building, and no mask mandate," said Robert Miller, the Fighting Saints' president. "We can't wait to see Our House packed, and we can't wait to bring hockey back to our incredible fans here in Dubuque. Opening Night can't come soon enough!"
"This past season was tough for all of us. Now that the world is getting back to normal, there is excitement brewing for this upcoming season," said Casey Weitz, VP of Corporate Sponsorships. "I'm really excited for our sponsors, both current and future, about the maximum exposure they will receive for the upcoming season."
The regionally-based schedule pits the Dubuque Fighting Saints against all teams in the Eastern Conference of the USHL, and just two Western Conference opponents- the Waterloo Black Hawks, and the Des Moines Buccaneers. The Saints will play the Tri-City Storm and the Omaha Lancers, but those games will occur at the Fall Classic.
The 2021-22 season sees the return of the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders and the Madison Capitols to the USHL. The Saints will see the Caps seven times, and the Riders eight.
Dubuque's home slate begins with Opening Night on October 9 against the Green Bay Gamblers. Seven of ten games in the month of February are at the confines of the Mystique Community Ice Center. January has the second-most home games, with five.
The 2021-22 season features no extended road swing for the Fighting Saints. The longest the team will be away from home is three games on two occasions- two of the four three-in-threes on the schedule (March 10-12 at Youngstown, March 4-6 at Team USA). Also, no better way than to end the season against the team's top rival, the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders, for a back-to-back weekend on April 22 and 23.
All home games start at 7:05 p.m., except for Sundays, which start at 3:05 p.m.
Season tickets are on sale now! Get the best price for Fighting Saints tickets, starting at just $349 per seat for a full season. Call 563.583.6880 or go to DubuqueFightingSaints.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from June 4, 2021
- 74 USHL Ties on Final NHL Central Scouting Rankings - USHL
- USHL Announces 2021-22 Schedule - USHL
- Phantoms Release 2021-2022 Schedule - Youngstown Phantoms
- Lumberjacks Release 2021-22 Schedule - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Stampede Release 2021-22 Regular Season Schedule - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Capitols Unveil 2021-22 Season Schedule - Madison Capitols
- Lancers 2021-22 Schedule Set - Omaha Lancers
- 2021-22 Schedule Released - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- Black Hawks Announce 2021/22 Schedule - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Fighting Saints Release 2021-22 Schedule - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Steel Release 2021-2022 Regular Season Schedule - Chicago Steel
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dubuque Fighting Saints Stories
- Dubuque Fighting Saints Team up with Rainbo Oil
- Kurth, Hedquist Named to USHL All-Academic Team
- Connor Kurth Named USHL Scholar-Athlete of the Year
- Greg Brown Appointed Head Coach of the Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Savoie, Kurth Earn USHL All-Rookie Distinction