Fighting Saints Acquire Alex Stevens
DUBUQUE, Iowa - The Dubuque Fighting Saints have acquired defenseman Alex Stevens (Plymouth, Minn./Penn State University) and a 2017 Phase II 7th round draft pick from the Sioux Falls Stampede, in exchange for forward David Brumm, a 2017 Phase I 5th round draft pick, a 2017 Phase II 2nd round draft pick, and future considerations, according to Fighting Saints head coach/GM Jason Lammers.
Stevens, a veteran of 98 USHL games, brings a new dimension to the Saints' defense corps. He has scored 10 goals and 31 assists in his career, good for 41 points. Stevens took part in the Herd's playoff run in 2016, which culminated in an appearance in the Western Conference Semifinal against the eventual Clark Cup champion Tri-City Storm.
"Alex will bring junior hockey experience, puck-moving ability from the back end, and a winning attitude to our organization," said Lammers. "We're really excited to have Alex join our process as we strive to be the best team at the end of the year and win our last game."
Stevens is a product of Wayzata High School, a program that most recently won the Minnesota high school championship in 2016. He was originally drafted by the Green Bay Gamblers in the 12th round in Phase I of the 2013 USHL Draft.
Stevens and the Fighting Saints will take on the Bloomington Thunder on Thursday, March 2, and Friday, March 3 at Our House. For tickets, call the box office at 563.583.6880, or go to DubuqueFightingSaints.com.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from February 28, 2017
- Historic Weekend Leads Omaha into Home Games - Omaha Lancers
- Waterloo Black Hawks Weekly Preview - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Buccaneers Stand Pat as USHL Trade Deadline Passes - Des Moines Buccaneers
- Thirsty Thursday, Beauty and the Bernie this Weekend - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- USA Hockey to Participate in Congressional Briefing Thursday - U.S. National Team
- Stampede Make Moves at the Trade Deadline - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Stars Acquire Jack Doremus from Sioux Falls - Lincoln Stars
- Fighting Saints Acquire Alex Stevens - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- 2 Home Games for Storm, Young Pieces Contributing (Weekly) - Tri-City Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dubuque Fighting Saints Stories
- Donovan, Doyle Named to All-American Prospects Game
- ImOn Communications to Provide Free Wi-Fi at All Fighting Saints Games
- Fighting Saints Name Brian Stoya Equipment Manager
- Phil Axtell Named Assistant Coach
- Fighting Saints Partner with Creative Adventure Lab to Create New Innovation Station