FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: September 13, 2020
CINCINNATI - FC Cincinnati will have a full week to prepare for their upcoming match against the New York Red Bulls at Red Bull Arena on Saturday, Sept. 19. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m. ET, and the game will be televised on WSTR 64, carried on the radio on WDJO (99.5 FM, 107.9 FM and 1480 AM), streamed regionally on fccincinnati.com/stream, out of market on ESPN+, while an audio stream will be available at TuneIn (WDJO) and fccincinnati.com.
FC Cincinnati (2-6-3, 9 pts.) enter the week following a 2-1 loss to New York City FC (5-5-1, 16 pts.) on Saturday, Sept. 12. Forward Brandon Vazquez snapped FC Cincinnati's 558-minute scoreless streak when he scored his first FC Cincinnati goal in the 74th minute of the match.
The New York Red Bulls (4-5-2, 14 pts.) are coming off a 2-0 away win at D.C. United (2-5-4, 10 pts.) on Saturday, Sept. 12. Aaron Long and Daniel Royer scored for the visitors as the Red Bulls secured all three points for the first time since Aug. 20.
Vazquez registers first goal with Orange and Blue
Forward Brandon Vazquez scored his first FC Cincinnati goal at New York City FC on Sept. 12 ... the forward has now scored four goals and has added three assists in 40 career MLS appearances ... Vazquez also registered his first FC Cincinnati assist at Red Bull Arena when he provided the helper for Allan Cruz's goal in the season opener against the New York Red Bulls on March 1 ... Vazquez is the fifth FCC player to register a goal this season
FCC snap scoreless streak
FC Cincinnati snapped the longest scoreless streak recorded in MLS this season when Brandon Vazquez tallied in the 74th minute at New York City FC on Sept. 12 ... prior to the goal, FCC played 558 consecutive minutes in MLS regular-season matches without scoring a goal ... that stretch is now the fourth-longest scoreless streak in MLS history ... last season, FCC went 528 minutes without scoring a goal, the eighth-longest streak in MLS history
Deplagne to miss match at New York Red Bulls
Orange and Blue defender Mathieu Deplagne will be unavailable for selection in FCC's match at the New York Red Bulls on Sept. 19 due to yellow-card accumulation ... Deplagne registered his fifth yellow card of the season for a foul in second-half stoppage time at New York City FC ... the defender is FC Cincinnati's second player to be unavailable for a match this season because of yellow-card accumulation ... midfielder Frankie Amaya missed the match at New York City FC because of yellow-card accumulation
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 13, 2020
- Chicago Fire FC Weekly Update: September 14-20 - Chicago Fire
- Reliving An Historic Night at Rio Tinto Stadium - Colorado Rapids
- FC Dallas Transfers Zdenek Ondrasek to FC Viktoria Plzen - FC Dallas
- Earthquakes Host LA Galaxy Tonight - San Jose Earthquakes
- Kickoff Time Announced for Revolution's Match vs. New York City FC on September 19 - New England Revolution
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: September 13, 2020 - FC Cincinnati
- Real Salt Lake Drops 5-0 Home Loss to Colorado Rapids - Real Salt Lake
- FC Dallas Defeats Houston Dynamo 2-1 at Toyota Stadium - FC Dallas
- Nashville SC Scores Four Goals, Extends Unbeaten Run to Four Matches After Win over Atlanta United FC - Nashville SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.