Etu Molden signs extension with Rush
WR/LB Etu Molden is the latest member of the Chicago Rush to sign a contract extension that will keep him in Chicago through the 2007 AFL season, the team announced today.
For the second-consecutive season Molden (6-2, 195, Montana) finished the year as the teams leading receiver, catching 96 passes for 1,158 yards and 25 touchdowns numbers almost identical to the 101 catches, 1,280 yards and 23 TDs he registered in his All-Rookie season last year. In addition, Molden scored four rushing touchdowns, added 28 tackles and tied for the team lead with three interceptions, making him a candidate for several postseason awards, including Ironman of the Year, All-Arena and All-Ironman.
Etu is a very valuable member of our team in all three phases of the game offense, defense and special teams, said Rush head coach Mike Hohensee. He is only going to get better and it is good to know he will be back to help lead us for two more years.
Molden is the fifth Rush player to sign a contract extension in the last few weeks, joining linemen John Moyer and Frank Moore, kicker Keith Gispert and WR/LB DeJuan Alfonzo.
The Rush (9-7) begins its quest for the ArenaBowl XIX title this Sunday, May 29, when it travels to Los Angeles to take on the Western Division-champion Avengers (10-6) in an American Conference semifinal. The game, which kicks off at 2:30 p.m. central time, will be broadcast in Chicago on NBC 5 and heard on WCKG, 105.9 FM.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League (1987-2008) message board...
Arena Football League (1987-2008) Stories from May 24, 2005
- AFL announces 2005 All-Rookie Team - AFL I
- Rattlers Slay Gladiators Playoff Chances, 49-42 - OSC Original by Andrew Nordmeier
- Parker brings home pair of awards - New York Dragons
- Chicago Rush game notes - Chicago Rush
- WR/DB Kevin Nickerson Selected to AFL All-Rookie Team - Austin Wranglers
- Force's Bergeron and Lee named to 2005 All-Rookie Team - Georgia Force
- Two VooDoo rookies receive recognition - New Orleans VooDoo
- Columbus' Groce goes Hollywood in remake of "The Longest Yard" - Columbus Destroyers
- Charlie Cook named AFL Ironman of the Week - Chicago Rush
- Dragons roar into playoffs - OSC Original by David Holusha
- Dennis Quaid and the Sharks to rock ADT ArenaBall Awards post-show party - AFL I
- Tampa Bay Storm game notes - Tampa Bay Storm
- AFL names players of the week - AFL I
- Three Kats Named To AFL All-Rookie Squad - Nashville Kats
- Destroyers Offensive Coordinator Pete Costanza named Head Coach of af2s Albany Conquest - Columbus Destroyers
- Avengers Silas Demary and Remy Hamilton break AFL records - Los Angeles Avengers
- Stafford Named AFLWA Player of the Week - Tampa Bay Storm
- Georgia Force game notes - Georgia Force
- Etu Molden signs extension with Rush - Chicago Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.