Dennis Quaid and the Sharks to rock ADT ArenaBall Awards post-show party
May 24, 2005 - Arena Football League (1987-2008) (AFL I) News Release
LAS VEGAS - DENNIS QUAID AND THE SHARKS will be the feature act for the post-show celebration of the ADT ArenaBall Awards at "The Joint" at Las Vegas' Hard Rock Hotel on Thursday, June 9, the AFL announced today. The post-show party will be held inside the Hard Rock Hotel's club "Body English."
Known around the world for his impressive acting credentials, including his portrayal of music legend Jerry Lee Lewis in the biopic film "Great Balls of Fire," Quaid is also a talented singer-songwriter who has been performing with his band around the country for years, opening for the likes of Styx, Buddy Guy and Lynyrd Skynyrd. Quaid has assembled an exceptional band of seasoned musicians who, while having top-notch credentials of their own, blend together perfectly as band mates.
Led by Jamie James (former RSO recording artists of the Kingbee's), whose 1980 hit "My Mistake" is still among the finest songs of the neo-rockabilly era, the band dubbed The Sharks also features Tom Slick (bass), drummer Tom Walsh (ex-Spyro Gyra, Tina Turner, Joe Cocker), and former Joe Cocker keyboardist Ken Stange. The group recently released a new album, "DQ and the Sharks Live."
The ADT ArenaBall Awards Show will be produced by WLW Entertainment, Inc. The event is sold out.
Tickets for ArenaBowl XIX Las Vegas are priced at $75, $65, $50 and $40 and are available now by logging on to www.arenabowl.com or by calling 1-866-AFL-TIXS. In Las Vegas, fans can call 702-739-FANS (3267) or purchase tickets at the Thomas & Mack Center box office and at all Stations Casinos locations.
The ArenaBowl XIX Las Vegas Weekend presented by ADT will be filled with interactive player and celebrity events, including the ArenaBall Awards show, ArenaBattle Celebrity Skills Challenge, ArenaBash concert and ArenaBowl XIX Fan Fest.
Ticket packages for ArenaBowl XIX Las Vegas Weekend events, including the game, can be purchased now by logging onto www.arenabowl.com or by calling 1-866-AFL-TIXS.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League (1987-2008) message board...
Arena Football League (1987-2008) Stories from May 24, 2005
- AFL announces 2005 All-Rookie Team - AFL I
- Rattlers Slay Gladiators Playoff Chances, 49-42 - OSC Original by Andrew Nordmeier
- Parker brings home pair of awards - New York Dragons
- Chicago Rush game notes - Chicago Rush
- WR/DB Kevin Nickerson Selected to AFL All-Rookie Team - Austin Wranglers
- Force's Bergeron and Lee named to 2005 All-Rookie Team - Georgia Force
- Two VooDoo rookies receive recognition - New Orleans VooDoo
- Columbus' Groce goes Hollywood in remake of "The Longest Yard" - Columbus Destroyers
- Charlie Cook named AFL Ironman of the Week - Chicago Rush
- Dragons roar into playoffs - OSC Original by David Holusha
- Dennis Quaid and the Sharks to rock ADT ArenaBall Awards post-show party - AFL I
- Tampa Bay Storm game notes - Tampa Bay Storm
- AFL names players of the week - AFL I
- Three Kats Named To AFL All-Rookie Squad - Nashville Kats
- Destroyers Offensive Coordinator Pete Costanza named Head Coach of af2s Albany Conquest - Columbus Destroyers
- Avengers Silas Demary and Remy Hamilton break AFL records - Los Angeles Avengers
- Stafford Named AFLWA Player of the Week - Tampa Bay Storm
- Georgia Force game notes - Georgia Force
- Etu Molden signs extension with Rush - Chicago Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.