Eskimos Select Rouyer in First Ever CFL European Draft
(Edmonton) - The Edmonton Eskimos selected French international linebacker Maxime Rouyer with the fourth overall pick in the first ever CFL European Draft.
Rouyer attended McGill University for four seasons (2015-18) after moving from Troyes, France and appeared in 21 games and recorded 79 total tackles and three-and-a-half quarterback sacks.
"Maxime stood out at the combine with his athleticism and effort in every drill he did. We also like the fact that he has played at McGill, so he is well versed in CFL rules and how the Canadian game is played," said Eskimos General Manager and Vice-President of Football Operations Brock Sunderland. "We're excited to welcome Maxime to the Eskimos organization and look forward to seeing him on the field once camp starts in May."
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from April 11, 2019
- BC Lions Select Receiver Benjamin Plu in CFL European Draft - B.C. Lions
- Joe "Roman Reigns" Anoai Returns September 20 - Edmonton Eskimos
- Eskimos Select Rouyer in First Ever CFL European Draft - Edmonton Eskimos
- Stamps Pick Finnish Linebacker in European Draft - Calgary Stampeders
- RedBlacks Select WR Jordan Bouah in CFL's First European Draft - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Nine Players Selected in the First CFL European Draft - CFL
- Argos Select German DL Marc Anthony Hor in First Ever CFL European Draft - Toronto Argonauts
- Taye Davis Released - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Tiger-Cats Add Four Players on Defence - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Edmonton Eskimos Stories
- Injury Update: SirVincent Rogers
- Jake Smith Released
- Eskimos Offering Free Admission to Sunday's Game for Evacuated Residents
- Eskimos Sign WR Jake Smith
- Eskimos Ink Pair