Argos Select German DL Marc Anthony Hor in First Ever CFL European Draft
TORONTO - The six-foot-three, 286-pound lineman from Mannheim, Germany was one of 18 players selected to participate in the 2019 CFL National Combine in Toronto last month. The 26-year-old played the last two seasons for the Frankfurt Universe of the German Football League and tallied 107 total tackles, nine sacks, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery over 33 games, helping his team reach the German Bowl in 2016 and 2018. The defensive lineman was named team captain and team MVP for the Universe last season.
Hor played for Diablo Valley College in California between 2014-2016 and was named Most Improved Player and Team Captain for the Vikings in 2015. The German benched pressed 225-pounds 28 times, the most reps of any global player and tied for second best among all participants at the 2019 CFL Combine. Hor also ran a 5.52 40-yard dash, 4.94 second shuttle, 8.19 second three cone drill, had a 8'0.20" broad jump and 21.5" vertical.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from April 11, 2019
- BC Lions Select Receiver Benjamin Plu in CFL European Draft - B.C. Lions
- Joe "Roman Reigns" Anoai Returns September 20 - Edmonton Eskimos
- Eskimos Select Rouyer in First Ever CFL European Draft - Edmonton Eskimos
- Stamps Pick Finnish Linebacker in European Draft - Calgary Stampeders
- RedBlacks Select WR Jordan Bouah in CFL's First European Draft - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Nine Players Selected in the First CFL European Draft - CFL
- Argos Select German DL Marc Anthony Hor in First Ever CFL European Draft - Toronto Argonauts
- Taye Davis Released - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Tiger-Cats Add Four Players on Defence - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.