Energy FC Host LA Galaxy II Tomorrow Night
Energy FC (5th, 5-4-3, 18 points) wrap up a three-match, league homestand tomorrow night after coming off back-to-back wins. Last Saturday, the Greens defeated Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC, 1-0, thanks to Omar Gordon's thunder-strike in the 15th minute and the team's second clean sheet of the season. Alvin Jones earned USL Championship Team of the Week honors for Week 12 for his stellar performance. OKC then advanced to the Fourth Round of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup after a thrilling, 4-3 win over the Tampa Bay Rowdies on Tuesday night. Gordon, Alexy Bosetti, Christian Eissele and Deshorn Brown all got in on the goals to book a spot against FC Dallas in the next round.
Tomorrow's visit from LA Galaxy II (9th, 4-4-5, 13 points) could potentially be another goal fest. Energy FC have scored in every match this year, including 19 times in USL Championship play and seven times in the U.S. Open Cup. Los Dos have found the back of the net on 22 occasions, making them the fifth-most proficient attacking team in the league. Where Los Dos have struggled is on the defensive end. LA has given up 22 goals, the second-most in all of the USL Championship. Energy FC are tied for the 10th-most goals conceded with 19; however, 10 of those came during a difficult, three-match stretch where the side was struggling with injuries and new additions to the squad.
WHO: Energy FC v Los Angeles Galaxy II
WHAT: 7th home and 13th USL Championship match of season
WHEN: Saturday, June 1 - 8:00 p.m. (CDT)
WHERE: Taft Stadium - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
COVERAGE: The match can be streamed live on ESPN+
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from May 31, 2019
- New Mexico United Announces Exhibition Game against English Premier League Team - New Mexico United
- Injury-stricken Steel fall against Red Bulls II - Philadelphia Union II
- Game Notes: Tacoma Defiance vs. El Paso Locomotive FC - June 1, 2019 - Tacoma Defiance
- Forward Brian Brown Receives Second Call up of the Season from Jamaican National Team - Reno 1868 FC
- Red-Hot Memphis 901 FC Hits the Road Tomorrow to Face Regional Foe Saint Louis FC - Memphis 901 FC
- Match Preview: BHMvTBR - Birmingham Legion FC
- San Antonio FC Travels to Face Sacramento Republic FC - San Antonio FC
- Tacoma Defiance Signs Defender Everardo Rubio - Tacoma Defiance
- Match Preview: RGV FC Heads to Orange County for Road Match - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- North Carolina FC Continues Road Trip in Hartford on Saturday - North Carolina FC
- Match Preview | Ottawa Fury FC V Charlotte Independence - Ottawa Fury FC
- STLFC Announces Partnership with Impact FC - Saint Louis FC
- Roughnecks Home Game Tomorrow - FC Tulsa
- Foxes Announce 2019 Youth Camps and Clinics Powered by HPA - Fresno FC
- Nashville SC's May Madness: Inside Nashvillle's Busy Spring - Nashville SC
- Energy FC Host LA Galaxy II Tomorrow Night - OKC Energy FC
- Austin Bold FC Advances to 4th Round of U.S. Open Cup - Austin Bold FC
- Jamoi Topey Receives International Call-Up - Philadelphia Union II
- San Antonio FC to Host Cardiff City FC on July 13 at Toyota Field - San Antonio FC
- Match Preview: #BHMvTBR - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Hartford Athletic Announces Travelers as Founding Partner - Hartford Athletic
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.