Eighth Annual Canadian Armed Forces Appreciation Day Set for September 15
Toronto FC will host its eighth annual Canadian Armed Forces Appreciation Day on Sunday, September 15 as they take on the Colorado Rapids at BMO Field. Kickoff is set for 5:00 p.m.
"On behalf of everyone at Toronto FC, we are honoured to host the eighth annual Canadian Armed Forces Appreciation Day. This is always a special day as we welcome and recognize members of the Forces and their families," said Toronto FC President Bill Manning. "Everyone at Toronto FC extends their appreciation for everything they have given and continue to give for their country."
Close to 400 members of the Canadian Armed Forces and their families are expected to be in attendance through donations from Toronto FC season ticket members and staff. Players will also show their support by wearing new TFC Camo pre-match tops as they walk onto the pitch and during opening ceremonies. The exclusive and limited-edition collaboration between adidas and MLS was recently unveiled across the league in support of all military appreciation initiatives.
Members of the Canadian Armed Forces will be honoured and recognized throughout the match in a variety of ways. Approximately 60 troops will take part in a special opening ceremony featuring new on-field banners and flags. The national anthems will be performed by Warrant Officer Darryl Casselman while a large Canadian flag is unveiled on the field by members of the Canadian Military.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 10, 2019
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Return to League Play After FIFA Break - Houston Dynamo
- Two D.C. United Academy Coaches Kick off Yearlong Educational Program in Partnership with French Football Federation - D.C. United
- Kevin Gilmore to Get His Head Shaved Live on Television - Montreal Impact
- Real Salt Lake Hosts San Jose in Midweek Clash at Rio Tinto Stadium - Real Salt Lake
- Seattle Professional Sports Teams Unite to Support Play Equity in King County - Seattle Sounders FC
- Eighth Annual Canadian Armed Forces Appreciation Day Set for September 15 - Toronto FC
- Ribbon Cutting Officially Launches Primepoint Club at Talen Energy Stadium - Philadelphia Union
- Josef Martinez Voted MLS Player of the Month Presented by EA SPORTS - Atlanta United FC
- Atlanta United Forward Josef Martinez Voted MLS Player of the Month Presented by EA SPORTS - MLS
- Over 30 Celebrities to Play in 'Caps Legends & Stars Charity Match - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Academy Coach Steven Covino Named 1 of 20 MLS Youth Academy Coaches to Take Part in World-Class Training Program - Atlanta United FC
- Minnesota United FC vs. Houston Dynamo Preview - Minnesota United FC
- 20 MLS Youth Academy Coaches Kick off Yearlong Educational Program in Partnership with French Football Federation - MLS
- Houston Dynamo and Dash Invest in Extreme Networks' Wi-Fi 6 Solution to Create Fan-Focused Digital Experiences - Houston Dynamo
- Brian Fernandez, Portland Timbers Channeling D.C. United's Magical 2018 Run - This Week in MLS - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.