Kevin Gilmore to Get His Head Shaved Live on Television
MONTREAL - As part of the Leucan Shaved Heads Challenge, the Montreal Impact President and CEO Kevin Gilmore will get his head shaved live on the television set of JiC, on Thursday, September 26, starting at 5pm, on TVA Sports. The club thus takes part in the Leucan Shaved Heads Challenge for the eighth year in a row, having raised more than $81,000 since 2012.
Once again, the Impact participates in the MLS Works' Kick Childhood Cancer campaign in the midst of Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, aiming to raise $20,190 in 2019. You can donate here to help the IMFC team.
Several Academy and Pre-Academy players, as well as members of the club's administrative staff and supporters will also participate in the challenge on Sunday, September 29, when the Impact hosts Atlanta United, at Stade Saputo. Excellent tickets remain available for this game.
Supporters collecting the most donations will have the chance to get their head shaved in front of the public at half-time. You can still register by sending an email to email@example.com.
Leucan promotes the recovery and the well-being of cancer-stricken children and supports their families by providing distinctive and tailored services and assistance through every stage of cancer and its side-effects. For more information about Leucan, visit the website: https://www.leucan.qc.ca.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 10, 2019
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Return to League Play After FIFA Break - Houston Dynamo
- Two D.C. United Academy Coaches Kick off Yearlong Educational Program in Partnership with French Football Federation - D.C. United
- Kevin Gilmore to Get His Head Shaved Live on Television - Montreal Impact
- Real Salt Lake Hosts San Jose in Midweek Clash at Rio Tinto Stadium - Real Salt Lake
- Seattle Professional Sports Teams Unite to Support Play Equity in King County - Seattle Sounders FC
- Eighth Annual Canadian Armed Forces Appreciation Day Set for September 15 - Toronto FC
- Ribbon Cutting Officially Launches Primepoint Club at Talen Energy Stadium - Philadelphia Union
- Josef Martinez Voted MLS Player of the Month Presented by EA SPORTS - Atlanta United FC
- Atlanta United Forward Josef Martinez Voted MLS Player of the Month Presented by EA SPORTS - MLS
- Over 30 Celebrities to Play in 'Caps Legends & Stars Charity Match - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Academy Coach Steven Covino Named 1 of 20 MLS Youth Academy Coaches to Take Part in World-Class Training Program - Atlanta United FC
- Minnesota United FC vs. Houston Dynamo Preview - Minnesota United FC
- 20 MLS Youth Academy Coaches Kick off Yearlong Educational Program in Partnership with French Football Federation - MLS
- Houston Dynamo and Dash Invest in Extreme Networks' Wi-Fi 6 Solution to Create Fan-Focused Digital Experiences - Houston Dynamo
- Brian Fernandez, Portland Timbers Channeling D.C. United's Magical 2018 Run - This Week in MLS - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Montreal Impact Stories
- Impact Visits LA Galaxy Saturday Night in California
- Impact Shuts out Toronto FC 1-0 in First Leg of Canadian Championship Final
- Impact to Play First Leg of Canadian Championship Final Wednesday Night at Stade Saputo
- Nicolas Gagnon Takes Part in the Federation Francaise de Football Course with MLS
- Impact Suffers 1-0 Loss to FC Cincinnati