Earthquakes to Expand Drive-In Viewing Parties for Quarterfinals
SAN JOSE, Calif. - The San Jose Earthquakes are expanding their free drive-in viewing parties for Saturday evening's MLS is Back Tournament Quarterfinal match vs. Minnesota United FC at 5 p.m. PT , presented by Intermedia. Saturday's viewing parties, presented by Fairmont San Jose, will allow fans to watch the match from the comfort of their own vehicle in two locations: Earthquakes Stadium and the SoFA District in Downtown San Jose.
The Earthquakes surged into the Quarterfinals by way of three straight victories, in which they scored 11 goals, and currently hold an overall undefeated 3-0-1 overall record in the competition. Opening the tournament with a scoreless draw against the defending MLS Cup champions Seattle Sounders FC, San Jose rounded out the Group Stage with wins over Vancouver Whitecaps FC (4-3) and Chicago Fire FC (2-0), before defeating Real Salt Lake (5-2) in the Round of 16.
"The passion from Quakes fans to support our team has far exceeded the capacity of our sold-out Earthquakes Stadium viewing parties," said Earthquakes Chief Operating Officer Jared Shawlee. "We are thrilled to add a Downtown San Jose drive-in for this weekend's match vs Minnesota United FC and will continue to look for more places around the Bay Area to support our incredible team."
Viewing parties have been held for all four matches to date in the 7UP Epicenter at Earthquakes Stadium. The additional location in the SoFa District in Downtown San Jose will take place in the parking lot accessible on 2nd St. between San Salvador St. and San Carlos St.
The Earthquakes will begin accepting reservations from Season Ticket Holders on Wednesday, July 29 at 11:30 a.m. PT. Reservations will be opened to the general public starting Thursday, July 30 at 10 a.m. PT. While admission is free, all fans must RSVP to attend and may make a suggested donation benefitting Pledge 74 to help the Earthquakes fight food insecurity in the South Bay. Due to limited availability, fans are asked to only RSVP for one location to ensure opportunities for others to join. To RSVP, please click here .
The Earthquakes continue to work closely with Santa Clara County officials on the appropriate social distancing and sanitary protocols for all future stadium events. Stadium staff will ensure that enhanced measures are performed before, during, and after each event at Earthquakes Stadium.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 29, 2020
- Inter Miami CF, Publix Launch Partnership with Interactive Fan Experience - Inter Miami CF
- Earthquakes to Expand Drive-In Viewing Parties for Quarterfinals - San Jose Earthquakes
- Know Your Opponent: Los Angeles Football Club - Orlando City SC
- Preview: Sporting to Face Philly in MLS Is Back Quarterfinals - Sporting Kansas City
- MNUFC Advances to Quarterfinals of MLS Is Back Tournament - Minnesota United FC
- Orange and Blue eliminated from MLS is Back Tournament - FC Cincinnati
- Timbers Advance to Quarterfinal Round of MLS Is Back Tournament in Penalty-Kick Shootout against FC Cincinnati - Portland Timbers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.