Inter Miami CF, Publix Launch Partnership with Interactive Fan Experience
Inter Miami CF makes its new multi-year partnership with Publix, one of the largest regional grocery chains in the U.S., official today following a successful digital activation launch.
Inter Miami integrated Publix into the Club's Digital Fan Journey, an ongoing branded content strategy adopted during the MLS is Back Tournament, which focused on replicating game day experiences fans would traditionally have in a new digital environment. Through the Tailgate at Home by Publix experience, fans were able to find a sampling of exclusive offers and discounts around matchday within Inter Miami's App, which is available for free download.
"This was a unique way to adapt to our current situation and kick off our partnership with Publix in a unique way," said Paul McDonough, Inter Miami CF's COO & Sporting Director. "Together we were able to creatively drive opportunities back to Publix and other Club partners as well as give our fans a good at-home experience for our games."
The Publix activation was the most visited within the Club's App during the three matches Inter Miami played in the Tournament, seeing over 55% of all visitors complete a visit all the way to a checkout page. The collaboration also reached fans from 34 different nationalities residing in 16 different countries.
"We are proud to be the official supermarket of Inter Miami, a collaboration that is an extension of our commitment to youth soccer in our seven-state operating area," said Publix communications director, Maria Brous. "As the supermarket of choice for so many South Floridians, we are always looking for ways to provide our customers with value and excitement as we support our hometown teams. During these unprecedented times, we continue to find unique and creative ways to build activation around community partnerships."
Inter Miami and Publix also rewarded five-participating families with Tailgate at Home packages, which included samples of all products available in the experience. A video of the safe deliveries is available here.
With this new partnership, Inter Miami becomes the supermarket's third MLS official team partner. Publix will continue to be Inter Miami's ultimate tailgate partner putting an innovative spin on the pre-game tradition.
Additionally, Publix and Inter Miami will continue to seek ways to collaborate on various community events and retail activations throughout the multi-year partnership.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 29, 2020
- Inter Miami CF, Publix Launch Partnership with Interactive Fan Experience - Inter Miami CF
- Earthquakes to Expand Drive-In Viewing Parties for Quarterfinals - San Jose Earthquakes
- Know Your Opponent: Los Angeles Football Club - Orlando City SC
- Preview: Sporting to Face Philly in MLS Is Back Quarterfinals - Sporting Kansas City
- MNUFC Advances to Quarterfinals of MLS Is Back Tournament - Minnesota United FC
- Orange and Blue eliminated from MLS is Back Tournament - FC Cincinnati
- Timbers Advance to Quarterfinal Round of MLS Is Back Tournament in Penalty-Kick Shootout against FC Cincinnati - Portland Timbers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Inter Miami CF Stories
- Inter Miami CF Defeats Orlando City SC 2-1 in Front of Limited Number of Season Ticket Members
- Inter Miami CF to Join eMLS Ahead of 2021 Competitive Season
- Inter Miami CF to Host Orlando City SC on Saturday
- Inter Miami CF Will Open Stadium to Limited Number of Season Ticket Members on Saturday
- Inter Miami CF Falls to Montreal Impact on the Road