Earthquakes Announce Ben Remez as Club's Official eMLS Competitor
SAN JOSE, Calif. - The San Jose Earthquakes have signed Ben Remez, known by gamertag l BENR l, as the club's official eMLS competitor. Remez will represent the Quakes in Major League Soccer's EA Sports FIFA League, and compete against 26 other representatives from MLS clubs.
"I'm excited because eMLS is a very competitive league, and I get to represent my hometown club," said Remez. "There are a lot of great players and young players like me, so anything can happen. I'm here to represent the Earthquakes in the best way possible and will work to put us on the map in FIFA."
Remez, 20, is a Sunnyvale, Calif. resident and native of Israel. After moving to the United States, his family became Earthquakes season ticket holders and frequently attended matches.
In 2017, Remez began playing competitively and has since placed in the top-20 of three international FIFA Ultimate Team Champions Cup tournaments, including Brazil America (3rd), PGL Singapore (16th) and Atlanta (17th).
eMLS will expand to 27 teams for the 2021 season with the additions of Inter Miami CF and St. Louis City SC. Details on the 2021 eMLS season, including its start date, will be announced in the near future.
To keep up with Remez as he represents the Quakes, fans can follow him on Twitch xBENRx or Twitter @BenRemez.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 16, 2020
- Atlanta United Defeats Club America 1-0, Falls Short on Aggregate - Atlanta United FC
- FC Cincinnati Select Ben Mines in MLS End-Of-Year Waivers Process - MLS
- FC Cincinnati Select Winger Ben Mines in 2020 MLS End-Of-Year Waivers - FC Cincinnati
- MLS SuperDraft 2021 Presented by adidas Set for January 21 - Inter Miami CF
- MLS SuperDraft 2021 to Take Place on January 21 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Houston Dynamo FC Have Third Overall Pick in MLS SuperDraft 2021 Presented by adidas - Houston Dynamo
- D.C. United to Have the Fourth Pick in the Three-Round MLS SuperDraft 2021 Presented by adidas on January 21 - D.C. United
- MLS Expansion Club Austin FC Have Top Pick in Three-Round MLS SuperDraft 2021 Presented by Adidas on January 21 - MLS
- Colorado Rapids Re-Sign Brandan Gonzales for 2021 EMLS Season - Colorado Rapids
- Inter Miami CF Signs First eMLS Player Pablo Georgakopoulos for 2021 Season - Inter Miami CF
- MLS and Electronic Arts Announce 2021 eMLS - New Online Format to Feature 27 MLS Clubs, New Partners and Double the Content Hours - MLS
- Earthquakes Announce Ben Remez as Club's Official eMLS Competitor - San Jose Earthquakes
- Colorado Rapids Sign Defender Auston Trusty to New Contract - Colorado Rapids
- Whitecaps FC Sign Dynamic eSports Duo to Take on Global Competition - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- The Pizzuti Companies and Haslam Sports Group Announce Conceptual Plans for Mixed-Use Development - Columbus Crew SC
- Alan Avila Returns to FC Dallas as Club's Official eMLS Athlete - FC Dallas
- Austin FC Adds Four in MLS Expansion Draft - Austin FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Jose Earthquakes Stories
- Earthquakes Sign Goalkeeper Matt Bersano to New Contract
- Earthquakes Sign Argentine Defender Luciano Abecasis
- Earthquakes Sign 21-Year-Old Forward Benji Kikanovic
- Earthquakes Acquire Argentine Midfielder Eric Remedi in Trade with Atlanta United FC
- Chivas vs. Club Leon Match Rescheduled for October 9