Eagles Add Four Players to Training Camp Roster
WINDSOR, Colo. - The Colorado Eagles, proud affiliate of the Colorado Avalanche, announced Wednesday that they have signed four players to tryout agreements for the team's upcoming training camp. The Eagles have signed forward Jessey Astles to a Professional Tryout Agreement, while forwards Riley Spraggs, Adam Wiertzema and defenseman Spencer Galbraith have been signed to Amateur Tryout Agreements.
Astles appeared in 18 ECHL games with the Stockton Thunder and Allen Americans during the 2014-15 season. In addition, the 23 year-old spent five seasons in the WHL with the Kelowna Rockets, Saskatoon Blades and Tri-City Americans, posting 38 points and 351 penalty minutes in 229 contests. Astles also participated in the training camp of the NHL's Minnesota Wild in 2014.
Spraggs recently concluded a four-year collegiate career, spending his first two seasons at the University of Central Oklahoma, where he would collect 40 goals and 28 assists in 71 games. He would follow that by notching 24 goals and 17 assists in 63 games at Lindenwood University. Prior to making the move to the college game, Spraggs played four seasons at the junior level in the BCHL, AJHL and KIJHL.
Wiertzema comes to Colorado after wrapping up his senior season at Concordia-Moorehead College in Minnesota, where he would post 23 points in 88 games with the Cobblers. The Breckenbridge, Minnesota native generated 53 points in 70 games at the junior level with the Minnesota Owls and Edina Lakers of the MNJHL.
Galbraith spent three seasons in the WHL with the Brandon Wheat Kings, Lethbridge Hurricanes and Calgary Hitmen, collecting 21 points and 216 penalty minutes in 123 games. Most recently, the 23 year-old played two seasons in the Capital Junior Hockey League in Alberta, posting 39 goals, 49 assists and 294 penalty minutes in 88 games with the Spruce Grove Eagles.
Season tickets for the 2016-17 season are on-sale now and can be reserved with a $50 deposit per seat by calling the Eagles ticket office at 970-686-SHOT (7468).
The 2016-17 regular season home schedule kicks off on Saturday, October 15th when the Eagles host the Rapid City Rush. A complete schedule can be found at www.ColoradoEagles.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from September 28, 2016
- 'blades Add Experience On The Blue Line With The Addition Of Matt Mackenzie - Florida Everblades
- Admirals Acquire Adam Phillips from Kalamazoo - Norfolk Admirals
- K-Wings Acquire Former NHL Draft Pick in Trade with Norfolk - Kalamazoo Wings
- Americans Announce 2016-2017 Promotional Schedule - Allen Americans
- Mallards Team with Fox Sports Radio 1230 Through 2017-18 Season - Quad City Mallards
- Eagles Add Four Players to Training Camp Roster - Colorado Eagles
- Wrenn Flies Back to Aces Nest - Alaska Aces
- Cyclones Sign Three; Extend Tryout Offers to Seven - Cincinnati Cyclones
- 2017 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - Adirondack Thunder
- Atlanta Gladiators Announce Training Camp Schedule - Atlanta Gladiators
- Mavericks Re-Sign Reigning ECHL Goalie of the Year - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Eagles Stories
- Bakersfield Takes 2-1 Series Lead with 5-2 Victory over Eagles
- Colorado Evens Series at 1-1 with 4-1 Win over Condors
- Eagles Fall to Bakersfield in Game One, 3-2
- Colorado Eagles Clinch Playoff Spot, First Round Schedule Announced
- Eagles Defeat San Jose 3-2, Punch Ticket to Playoffs