Cyclones Sign Three; Extend Tryout Offers to Seven
Cincinnati, OH- Cincinnati Cyclones Head Coach Matt Macdonald has announced that forwards Greg Betzold and Rob De Fulviis, along with defenseman Mike Donnellan have signed Standard Player Contracts (SPC) for the 2016-2017 season.
Betzold is coming off of a stellar four-year career with the Peterborough Petes of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL), accounting for 88 goals and 80 assists in 244 career games. He set career highs in goals, assists, and points during the 2015-16 season, amassing 43 goals and 22 assists for 65 total points.
Hailing from Toronto, ONT, De Fulviis in entering his first full professional season after appearing in five games last season with the Wheeling Nailers and Indy Fuel. Prior to turning pro, De Fulviis spent three seasons at the University of Guelph where he totaled 61 points (28g, 33a) in 78 games played.
Donnellan split the 2015-16 season between the Missouri Mavericks, and the Peoria Rivermen of the Southern Professional Hockey League (SPHL). In 37 total games last season, the Saxton Rivers, VT, native accounted for a goal and 10 assists. He made his professional debut in 2014-15, seeing time with the Huntsville Havoc of the SPHL and the Watertown Wolves of the Federal Hockey League (FHL). In 35 games between the two clubs that season, Donnellan accounted for a pair of goals and 18 assists.
The Cyclones have also announced the signing of seven players to tryout agreements. A full list of those players can be found below.
Forwards: Taylor Fielding, Brett Mackie, Joe Manno, Dylan Nowakowski, Christian Powers, and John Schiavo
Defenseman: Frank Misuraca
This email was sent to:
This email was sent by: Arena Management Holdings, LLC
100 Broadway Cincinnati, OH 45202 United States
We respect your right to privacy - view our policy
Manage Subscriptions | Update Profile | Remove
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from September 28, 2016
- 'blades Add Experience On The Blue Line With The Addition Of Matt Mackenzie - Florida Everblades
- Admirals Acquire Adam Phillips from Kalamazoo - Norfolk Admirals
- K-Wings Acquire Former NHL Draft Pick in Trade with Norfolk - Kalamazoo Wings
- Americans Announce 2016-2017 Promotional Schedule - Allen Americans
- Mallards Team with Fox Sports Radio 1230 Through 2017-18 Season - Quad City Mallards
- Eagles Add Four Players to Training Camp Roster - Colorado Eagles
- Wrenn Flies Back to Aces Nest - Alaska Aces
- Cyclones Sign Three; Extend Tryout Offers to Seven - Cincinnati Cyclones
- 2017 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - Adirondack Thunder
- Atlanta Gladiators Announce Training Camp Schedule - Atlanta Gladiators
- Mavericks Re-Sign Reigning ECHL Goalie of the Year - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cincinnati Cyclones Stories
- Cyclones Offense Back on Track with Game 3 Win
- Cyclones Game Preview: Kelly Cup Playoffs- Round 1, Game 3 vs. Kalamazoo
- Cyclones Fall in Game 2 of Opening Round
- Cyclones Game Preview: Kelly Cup Playoffs- Round 1, Game 2 vs. Kalamazoo
- Cyclones Take Playoff Opener against Kalamazoo