Mallards Team with Fox Sports Radio 1230 Through 2017-18 Season
MOLINE, Ill. - Fox Sports Radio 1230 will be the Quad City Mallards' radio home through the 2017-18 season, the Mallards announced today.
The coming campaign will be the sixth season of Mallards game broadcasts on Fox Sports Radio 1230 and a two-year agreement reached by the club and the station will see that partnership carry on through a seventh season.
"I'm pleased to have The Mallards organization returning to the radio station and even happier it is a multi-year contract! It's always been a pleasure to work with Brian Lavelle and the entire Mallards staff," said Fox Sports Radio 1230 program director Ron Evans.
Again this season, Fox Sports Radio 1230 will broadcast the bulk of the Mallards' 72 regular season games, beginning with the Mallards' Saturday, October 15 visit to Fort Wayne to take on the Komets. A limited number of Mallards games- including the October 14 season opener against Fort Wayne- will not be broadcast on Fox Sports Radio but will air online at myqcmallards.net because of conflicts with University of Illinois basketball and football and Green Bay Packer football broadcasts. Should the Flock cap off its twentieth season in the Quad Cities by reaching the postseason for the fifth year in a row, AM 1230 will also bring ECHL Kelly Cup playoff action to Mallards fans.
"We're thrilled to be able continue our relationship with Fox Sports Radio 1230 for two more seasons," said Mallards president Bob McNamara. "Fox Sports Radio 1230 has been wonderful home for Mallards hockey for the last five years so reaching a multi-year agreement to continue our partnership is a big win for the Mallards, Fox Sports Radio 1230 and the fans of the Quad Cities."
The full Fox Sports Radio 1230 Mallards broadcast slate will be updated throughout the campaign and will be available at myqcmallards.net. Lavelle returns to provide the call of Mallards action.
Single game tickets for all regular season Mallards home games- including the October 14 opener, which faces off at 7:05 p.m.- are now available. Fans can purchase tickets in person at the iWireless Center box office, by calling TicketMaster charge-by-phone at 1-800-745-3000 or online at myqcmallards.net. In addition, Mallards 2016-17 season tickets remain available. Season ticket holders enjoy significant savings on the walk-up ticket price and receive a host of exclusive benefits. For more season ticket information, fans can contact the Mallards at 309-277-1364 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
*About the Quad City Mallards *One of the winningest teams in all of minor league hockey, the Mallards competed in the United Hockey League from 1995 through 2007; in the International Hockey League in 2009-10; and in the Central Hockey League from 2010 through 2014. The Mallards' proud history has seen them capture the UHL's Colonial Cup Championship three times (1997, 1998, 2001) and secure that league's Tarry Cup four times (1998, 2000, 2001, 2002) for the best overall regular season record. In 2001, the Mallards made professional hockey history, recording their sixth consecutive season with 50 or more wins, a feat that has yet to be matched. The iWireless Center provides a unique environment for hockey and features one-of-a-kind seating areas such as the Nest for groups and functions and the exclusive Drake Club. For more information on the Quad City Mallards or for Mallards tickets go to www.myqcmallards. *net*. Fans can also follow the Mallards via Twitter at twitter.com/myqcmallards and on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/qcmallards.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from September 28, 2016
- 'blades Add Experience On The Blue Line With The Addition Of Matt Mackenzie - Florida Everblades
- Admirals Acquire Adam Phillips from Kalamazoo - Norfolk Admirals
- K-Wings Acquire Former NHL Draft Pick in Trade with Norfolk - Kalamazoo Wings
- Americans Announce 2016-2017 Promotional Schedule - Allen Americans
- Mallards Team with Fox Sports Radio 1230 Through 2017-18 Season - Quad City Mallards
- Eagles Add Four Players to Training Camp Roster - Colorado Eagles
- Wrenn Flies Back to Aces Nest - Alaska Aces
- Cyclones Sign Three; Extend Tryout Offers to Seven - Cincinnati Cyclones
- 2017 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - Adirondack Thunder
- Atlanta Gladiators Announce Training Camp Schedule - Atlanta Gladiators
- Mavericks Re-Sign Reigning ECHL Goalie of the Year - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Quad City Mallards Stories
- Mallards Clearance Sale this Week
- Motte, Osipov Head to AHL
- Mallards Rally to Win Finale
- Mallards Game Day
- Mallards Battle from Behind for 5-4 Shootout Victory over Wings