Dunedin Looks to Continue Their Momentum against the Tarpons
ROSTER MOVES: Prior to today's game, the following roster moves have been made:
INF Samad Taylor Placed on the 7-day IL @ Dunedin (May 28)
INF Ronny Brito Transferred from Extended Spring to Dunedin
SERIES OPENING WIN: Dunedin defeated the Tampa Tarpons by the 10-5 final at Jack Russell Memorial Stadium last night in game one of the three game series. After Tampa scored in the top of the first on the RBI double from Isiah Gilliam, the Blue Jays struck right back with three in their half of the first. Alejandro Kirk drove in two with a double and Ryan Noda smacked a long homer over the right field wall to give the D-Jays the 3-1 advantage. The Blue Jays pushed across two in the third and fourth innings on the RBI hits from Kirk and Noda. The Tarpons tacked on a run in the fifth but the Blue Jays stormed back with three more runs in the last of the sixth on the RBI doubles from Logan Warmoth and Kirk to pad the D-Jays lead to 10-2. RHP Maximo Castillo made the start for the Blue Jays and tossed six quality innings, giving up two runs on six hits to earn his third win of the year. The bullpen combination of RHPs Dany Jimenez, Connor Law, and Brad Wilson halted a late Tampa rally that saw the Tarpons score three runs in the final two innings to secure the victory.
TONIGHT'S GAME: Dunedin welcomes back the Tampa Tarpons to Jack Russell Memorial Stadium for the second of three matchups. The Blue Jays are looking for their third consecutive series win and come in having won five of their last six, eight of 10, and 11 of their last 15 and hold a 2.5 game lead over second place Daytona in the FSL North Division standings.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from May 29, 2019
- Larnach Lashes Fire Frogs, 7-1 - Florida Fire Frogs
- Sanmartin Stifles Redbirds in 5-0 Triumph - Daytona Tortugas
- Larnach, Enlow Lift Miracle To 7-1 Victory - Fort Myers Mighty Mussels
- Hammerheads Beat Mets 9-2, Snap Long Losing Skid - St. Lucie Mets
- Dunedin Looks to Continue Their Momentum against the Tarpons - Dunedin Blue Jays
- Gomez Gashes Two Doubles in 3-2 Loss to Clearwater - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- RHP Maximo Castillo Tosses Six Strong Innings in Series Opening Win over Tampa - Dunedin Blue Jays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dunedin Blue Jays Stories
- Dunedin Blue Jays Raise over $1,800 for Dunedin Cares Inc. in Band Together against Hunger Campaign
- Dunedin Blue Jays Join Dunedin Cares Inc. to Band Together against Hunger
- Dunedin Blue Jays Announce 2020 On-Field Staff
- Dunedin Blue Jays Announce 2020 Promotional Schedule
- Samad Taylor Recipient of Team Community Service Award