Larnach, Enlow Lift Miracle To 7-1 Victory
KISSIMMEE, Fla. - Trevor Larnach drove in five runs and Blayne Enlow tossed six strong innings in his High-A debut to lead the Miracle over the Florida Fire Frogs, 7-1, on Wednesday night at Osceola County Stadium.
Larnach went 3-for-4 with a double and a two-run home run in the top of the ninth that sealed the game. He is 7-for-9 in the first two games of the series. It is the first five RBI game for the Miracle this season.
Enlow (1-0), just called up from Low-A Cedar Rapids, threw 85 pitches and 58 strikes. The right-hander retired the first seven hitters he faced. He faced one batter in the seventh and allowed a home run to Jefrey Ramos. Enlow surrendered four hits, walked one, and struck out five.
For the second straight game, the Miracle scored a run in the top of the first inning. Larnach reached on an infield single and scored from first on a double into the left field corner by Ryan Jeffers. It was the first of two doubles for Jeffers in the game.
The Miracle added a run in the fifth inning on a sacrifice fly by Larnach. Fort Myers broke open the game in the seventh with three runs, two coming on a double by Larnach and another on a fielder's choice grounder from Jose Miranda.
Joe Record took over in the seventh for Enlow and threw two scoreless innings, striking out three. Anthony Vizcaya pitched a scoreless ninth inning to finish the game.
Lewin Diaz also picked up three hits in the game for the Miracle. Hunter Lee went 1-for-3 with a walk and two runs scored in his Miracle debut.
The three-game series concludes on Thursday afternoon at Osceola County Stadium, as the Miracle go for the sweep. Left-hander Tyler Watson will start for the Miracle. First pitch is 12:00 p.m. ET.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from May 29, 2019
- Larnach Lashes Fire Frogs, 7-1 - Florida Fire Frogs
- Sanmartin Stifles Redbirds in 5-0 Triumph - Daytona Tortugas
- Larnach, Enlow Lift Miracle To 7-1 Victory - Fort Myers Mighty Mussels
- Hammerheads Beat Mets 9-2, Snap Long Losing Skid - St. Lucie Mets
- Dunedin Looks to Continue Their Momentum against the Tarpons - Dunedin Blue Jays
- Gomez Gashes Two Doubles in 3-2 Loss to Clearwater - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- RHP Maximo Castillo Tosses Six Strong Innings in Series Opening Win over Tampa - Dunedin Blue Jays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.