Dueling Pianos and Baseball Card Giveaway Coming to Constellation Field for Skeeters Homestand
SUGAR LAND, TX - The Skeeters open their penultimate regular-season homestand of the 2019 season on Friday with a six-game homestand. The Skeeters will host the High Point Rockers from Aug. 30-Sept. 1 and then the York Revolution from Sept. 3-Sept. 5.
Here's what's in store for the Skeeters' upcoming homestand at Constellation Field:
Friday, Aug. 30 (7:05 p.m.), First Responders Night, Friday Fireworks
The Skeeters will be offering free tickets to all first responders with a proper identification card for the opener of their homestand, courtesy of Texas Direct Auto. Following the game, the Skeeters will be holding their Friday Fireworks show, sponsored by Main Squeeze Juice Co.
Saturday, Aug. 31 (6:05 p.m.), Team Card Set Giveaway, Dueling Pianos
The Skeeters will be giving away their 2019 team baseball card set to the first 1,000 fans in attendance for Saturday's game, sponsored by Memorial Hermann Iron Man. The Skeeters will also be hosting "Piano Punch" dueling piano performers starting at 8:30 p.m. in the Insperity Club, which will be open to all fans. Piano Punch provides the type of entertainment people have come to love in piano bars, cruise ships and casinos across the country. They are scheduled to perform for two hours, with the possibility of encore performances.
Kovu The Bat Dog
Kovu the Bat Dog will be in attendance for the Friday and Saturday games (Aug. 30-31), courtesy of Sit Means Sit. First pitch on Friday is at 7:05 p.m. and first pitch on Saturday is at 6:05 p.m. Kovu will serve as the Bat Dog for the first few innings of the game and will then return to Sit Means Sit's table on the Constellation Field field-level concourse for pictures and meet-and-greet opportunities.
SUNDAY, Sept. 1 (6:05 p.m.): Sunday Funday, featuring pregame autographs with Skeeters players and coaches and post-game "Kids Run the Bases," sponsored by Dr. Larry Caldwell, DDS.
WEDNESDAY, Sept. 4 (7:05 pm.): Dollar Dog Wednesday and White Claw Wednesday (discounted White Claw Hard Seltzers).
THURSDAY, Sept. 5 (7:05 pm.): Thirsty Thursday, sponsored by Pacifico, featuring $2 beers and sodas.
The Skeeters have clinched a 2019 postseason berth and have chosen "Come and Take It" as their postseason theme, in honor of the Battle of Gonzales. Playoff tickets are on sale and people can visit sugarlandskeeters.com/playoffs to purchase tickets or for more information on playoff promotions and ticket packages
Visit SugarLandSkeeters.com and follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter (@SL_Skeeters) for all the latest team news and the latest on events to be hosted at Constellation Field.
• Discuss this story on the Atlantic League message board...
Atlantic League Stories from August 29, 2019
- Nash Sets Revs'single-Season HR Record in Big Win over Skeeters - York Revolution
- Steady Bats Power Patriots - Somerset Patriots
- Rockers Avoid Sweep By Hanging On Late For One-Run Victory Over Bees - New Britain Bees
- Somerset Holds off Lancaster, 5-3 - Lancaster Barnstormers
- Blue Crabs Sneak by Ducks in Pitcher's Duel - Long Island Ducks
- Crabs Grab Crucial W - Southern Maryland Blue Crabs
- Skeeters Re-Sign Former Major League RHP Felipe Paulino - Sugar Land Skeeters
- 2019 Atlantic League Playoffs Schedule Announced - AtL
- Dueling Pianos and Baseball Card Giveaway Coming to Constellation Field for Skeeters Homestand - Sugar Land Skeeters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sugar Land Skeeters Stories
- Free Halloween Town Tickets Available for Sugar Land Residents
- Constellation Field to Host Halloween Town
- Skeeters to Air UFC 253 at Constellation Field
- Skeeters Announce Constellation Energy League COVID-19 Testing Results
- Colorado Rockies Purchase Contract of LHP Zac Rosscup