Devils Sign Zetterlund, Maltsev to Three-Year Deals
BINGHAMTON - The New Jersey Devils today announced that forwards Fabian Zetterlund and Mikhail Maltsev have signed three-year, entry-level contracts starting with the 2019-20 season. The announcement was made by Devils' Executive Vice President/General Manager Ray Shero.
Zetterlund, 19, was drafted by the Devils in the third round (63rd overall) in 2017 and spent the last two seasons in the Swedish Hockey League with Farjestad BK. The forward was limited to just 16 games due to injury and recorded four points (two goals, two assists). He served as an Alternate Captain for Sweden at the 2019 U20 World Junior Championships. Through 65 career SHL games, Zetterlund has 11 points (five goals, six assists).
Maltsev, 21, was New Jersey's fourth-round pick (102nd overall) in the 2016 NHL Entry Draft. He spent the last three seasons with the SKA St. Petersburg organization, splitting time in the VHL and KHL. This past season, he competed in 13 games with the KHL club, notching one goal and one assist. During the playoffs, the forward had one goal and two assists in 17 contests.
Binghamton Devils full season memberships are now available for the 2019-20 season! Get great benefits such as FREE New Jersey Devils NHL tickets, exclusive access to Devils players, a brand new referral program, gift cards, and much more! For information on becoming a member, text "MEMBER" to 607-722-7367.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from May 13, 2019
- Wolves Advance to Western Conference Finals - Chicago Wolves
- Roadrunners Announce Opening Night and Additional Dates for 2019-20 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Francouz Joins Czech Republic at 2019 IIHF World Championships - Colorado Eagles
- Devils Sign Zetterlund, Maltsev to Three-Year Deals - Binghamton Devils
- Wolf Pack Announce Seven 2019-20 Promotional Night Dates - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Pilut Injury Update - Rochester Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Binghamton Devils Stories
- Devils Sign Forward Chris Conner to AHL Contract
- Devils Re-Sign Baddock, Jacobs to One-Year Deals
- Broome County Announces a Development of Plans for Future Arena Upgrades
- Devils Release 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule
- Devils to Host Utica Comets in 2019-20 Home Opener