Details of 2019 Merlin Ford Lincoln Home Opener Announced
The Saskatoon Blades are thrilled to announce details of the 2019 Merlin Ford Lincoln Home Opener against our arch nemesis the Prince Albert Raiders on Saturday, September 21st, at SaskTel Centre.
NEED TO KNOW:
- The 50/50 starts at $50,000 - Paul "Biz Nasty" Bissonnette will be in attendance - Blades legend Wendel Clark will be here - Tailgate party starts at 4:00pm, doors open at 6:00pm, hockey at 7:00pm. - Merlin Ford Lincoln wants you to win a car - The best rivalry in the WHL is back in full swing! - Tickets are on sale NOW
HOW IT'S GOING DOWN:
The evening will begin with a tailgate party in the Sasktel Centre parking lot opening at 4:00pm. The tailgate party, fans and families will be able to enjoy beverages at the beer garden, chow-down at the barbecue, or play in the Kids' Zone featuring bouncy castles, street hockey, and several other fun activities.
Fans will then have the opportunity to welcome the Saskatoon Blades to the arena as they arrive in VIP style in one of Merlin Ford Lincoln's showcase vehicles. Upon departing their rides, players and coaches will walk down the red carpet, providing fans autograph and photo opportunities as they enter Sasktel Centre to play their first 2019-20 Western Hockey League regular season home game.
At 5:00pm in the beer gardens, special guest and comedian Kelly Taylor will host a VIP panel alongside Paul Bissonnette of The Spittin' Chiclets Podcast, NHL.com & Arizona Coyotes, and Saskatoon Blades Legend Wendel Clark.
Following the VIP panel, doors to Sasktel Centre will open at 6:00pm with fans encouraged to arrive early to ensure they can take in all the Merlin Ford Lincoln Home Opener has to offer ahead of the on-ice player introductions.
The 1st intermission will feature a meet & greet with Paul Bissonnette on the main concourse, while the 2nd intermission Rapid Fire Contest will see one lucky fan have a chance at winning a 2-year-lease on a new car from Merlin Ford Lincoln.
The 50/50 Jackpot will begin at a whopping $50,000, with sales opening at 4pm at the tailgate party and continuing inside Sasktel Centre until the start of the Third Period.
Single-Game Tickets are now on sale and kids tickets are just $5!
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from September 4, 2019
- Eight Current Oil Kings to Take Part in NHL Rookie Camps - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Details of 2019 Merlin Ford Lincoln Home Opener Announced - Saskatoon Blades
- 2019-20 Promotional Schedule Unveiled - Spokane Chiefs
- Noah King Invited to New Jersey Devils' Prospect Challenge Roster - Spokane Chiefs
- Sexsmith Eager to Fit in with Rebuilding Rebels - Red Deer Rebels
- Seven Kelowna Rockets to attend NHL Rookie Camps - Kelowna Rockets
- Westoba Jr Reporter Contest Opens Thursday - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Hitmen Announce 2019 WHL Pre-Season Roster - Calgary Hitmen
- Cougars Sign Joe Kennedy to a WHL Standard Player Agreement - Prince George Cougars
- Trio of Wheat Kings off to NHL Camps - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Tigers Sign Teague Patton - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Six Blades off to NHL Camps - Saskatoon Blades
- Winterhawks Reassign Two Top Prospects - Portland Winterhawks
- Rebels Fall to Oil Kings in Preseason Opener - Red Deer Rebels
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Saskatoon Blades Stories
- Pokecheck's Birthday Party Presented by Save-On-Foods October 25th
- Hockey Mom of the Month Presented by Just for You Day Spa
- Nolan Maier & Kirby Dach Named to Team WHL for 2019 Canada Russia Series
- Blades Lose Final Game of 5-In-7 Spurt
- Game Preview: Blades Visit Cat in the Hat