Six Blades off to NHL Camps
Saskatoon, SK - As we approach the mid-way point of the 2019 Pre-Season, six Blades will join National Hockey League teams this week to participate in Rookie Camps and Tournaments over the weekend.
Headlining the Blades' NHL camp attendees is none other than Kirby Dach, who was selected 3rd Overall by the Chicago Blackhawks at the 2019 NHL Draft. He signed a three-year contract with the Blackhawks on July 8th and has been with Chicago since, familiarizing himself with the city and the Blackhawks' facilities. Dach also attended Chicago's Development Camp in the summer.
Eric Florchuk, drafted by the Washington Capitals after he was traded to the Blades from the Victoria Royals in 2018, will be attending his second NHL Rookie Camp. Last year Florchuk also participated in the Capitals' Main Camp at the conclusion of their Rookie Camp. Like Dach in Chicago, Florchuk participated in Washington's Summer Development Camp.
Additionally, Captain Chase Wouters (Anaheim Ducks), Nolan Kneen (Colorado Avalanche), Riley McKay (Chicago Blackhawks) and the recently acquired Scott Walford (Winnipeg Jets) have all been invited to attend NHL Rookie Camps & Tournaments. Kneen and Walford each attended Summer Development Camps with the Avalanche & Jets respectively, as well.
Wouters will have company in Anaheim as 2018-19 Graduate Blueliner Dawson Davidson will also be in attendance at Ducks Camp.
Attending NHL Rookie Camps/Tournament from the Saskatoon Blades are:
Kirby Dach - Chicago Blackhawks (2019, round 1, #3 overall)
Eric Florchuk - Washington Capitals (2018, round 7, #217 overall)
Chase Wouters - Anaheim Ducks (free agent invite)
Nolan Kneen - Colorado Avalanche (free agent invite)
Riley McKay - Chicago Blackhawks (free agent invite)
Scott Walford - Winnipeg Jets (free agent invite)Meanwhile, the Blades continue practice this week in preparation for their encounter with the Prince Albert Raiders in Warman on Friday Night at the Legends Centre.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from September 4, 2019
- Eight Current Oil Kings to Take Part in NHL Rookie Camps - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Details of 2019 Merlin Ford Lincoln Home Opener Announced - Saskatoon Blades
- 2019-20 Promotional Schedule Unveiled - Spokane Chiefs
- Noah King Invited to New Jersey Devils' Prospect Challenge Roster - Spokane Chiefs
- Sexsmith Eager to Fit in with Rebuilding Rebels - Red Deer Rebels
- Seven Kelowna Rockets to attend NHL Rookie Camps - Kelowna Rockets
- Westoba Jr Reporter Contest Opens Thursday - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Hitmen Announce 2019 WHL Pre-Season Roster - Calgary Hitmen
- Cougars Sign Joe Kennedy to a WHL Standard Player Agreement - Prince George Cougars
- Trio of Wheat Kings off to NHL Camps - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Tigers Sign Teague Patton - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Six Blades off to NHL Camps - Saskatoon Blades
- Winterhawks Reassign Two Top Prospects - Portland Winterhawks
- Rebels Fall to Oil Kings in Preseason Opener - Red Deer Rebels
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Saskatoon Blades Stories
- Colton Dach Among 36 WHL Players Named to NHL Central Scouting 'Players to Watch' List
- Robins Selected by San Jose Sharks in 2nd Round of NHL Draft
- Fact Sheet: 2020 NHL Entry Draft
- Stanley Cup Final: Khudobin & Stars Extend Season with Game 5 Victory
- Sidewalk Sale Set for September 23 & 24