Delaware Blue Coats Select Jemerrio Jones and Braxton Key in 2021 NBA G League Draft
WILMINGTON - The Delaware Blue Coats, the NBA G League affiliate of the Philadelphia 76ers, selected Jemerrio Jones (No. 18 overall) and Braxton Key (No. 25 overall) in Monday's 2021 NBA G League Draft.
Jones, one of just nine selections in this year's draft to have previously spent time on an NBA roster, was named to the 2019-20 All-NBA G League Third Team last season as a member of the Wisconsin Herd. In 42 games (40 starts) with the Herd, the 6-5 Jones averaged 10.8 points, 12.0 rebounds, 4.6 assists, 1.3 steals and 0.9 blocks in 30.4 minutes per game. He led the G League in total rebounds (504) and finished the season as the only player in the league with 500-plus rebounds and 150-plus assists.
Jones began his professional career with the South Bay Lakers during the 2018-19 G League season. He was called up to the Los Angeles Lakers on March 31, 2019. In six games (two starts) with the L.A. Lakers, Jones posted 4.5 points, 8.2 rebounds, 2.2 assists, 1.2 steals and 0.8 blocks in 23.8 minutes per contest. The Memphis native recorded at least 10 rebounds in three of his six career NBA games. As a collegian, Jones was the 2018 Western Athletic Conference (WAC) Player of the Year at New Mexico State.
Key played his final two collegiate seasons at Virginia, where he helped the Cavaliers to the 2019 NCAA Championship. He scored six points and recorded a season-high-tying 10 rebounds in the 85-77 overtime win over Texas Tech on April 8, 2019. In 27 games (25 starts) as a senior last season, Key averaged 9.9 points, a team-high 7.4 rebounds, 1.8 assists and 1.2 steals in 33.6 minutes per game. The 6-8 Key began his college career with two seasons at Alabama, where he was selected to the 2017 SEC All-Freshman team.
The Blue Coats are among the 18 teams set to compete in February at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 11, 2021
- Wolves Select Allonzo Trier, Dakarai Tucker in 2021 NBA G League Draft - Iowa Wolves
- Raptors 905 Select Kevon Harris and Gary Payton II in the 2021 NBA G League Draft. - Raptors 905
- Raptors 905 Complete 3 Trades Ahead of 2021 G League Draft - Raptors 905
- Austin Spurs Select Jonathan Kasibabu, Anthony Mathis and Kaleb Johnson in 2021 NBA G League Draft - Austin Spurs
- Memphis Hustle Acquire Two Players in 2020-21 NBA G League Draft - Memphis Hustle
- Delaware Blue Coats Select Jemerrio Jones and Braxton Key in 2021 NBA G League Draft - Delaware Blue Coats
- Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2021 Roster Released - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Vipers Select Brooks and Cumberland in the 2021 G League Draft - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Greensboro Swarm Select Admiral Schofield with First Pick of 2021 NBA G League Draft - G League
- Westchester Knicks Select Justin Patton No. 9 Overall - Westchester Knicks
- Greensboro Swarm Select Admiral Schofield No. 1 Overall in the 2020-21 NBA G League Draft - Greensboro Swarm
- Memphis Hustle Complete Trade with South Bay Lakers - Memphis Hustle
- South Bay Acquires 2021-22 First Round Pick - South Bay Lakers
- Memphis Hustle Complete Trade with Raptors 905 - Memphis Hustle
- Westchester Knicks Set to Select No. 9 Overall in the 2020-21 NBA G League Draft - Westchester Knicks
- Memphis Hustle Complete Trade with Erie BayHawks - Memphis Hustle
- BayHawks Acquire Rights to Jarrod Uthoff - Erie BayHawks
- Fort Wayne Mad Ants Announce Tom Hankins as Head Coach - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.