De Souza with Four Goals as La Fiera Win Home Opener
HIDALGO, Texas - Hidalgo La Fiera used four goals from Robson de Souza as they defeated the Texas Strikers by a final score of 13-1 at State Farm Arena on Sunday evening.
La Fiera (1-1) scored the first goal in the first minute of play when Joel Perez scored on a assist from Alejandro Moralez.
Souza scored his first of his four goals in the first quarter when he slotted home a Jorge Quiroz pass that made it 2-0.
Hidalgo would end up scoring four second quarter goals to put the game out of reach making it 6-0 at halftime.
Texas Strikers (0-1) would score a consolation at the start of the third quarter when Hector Garcia took advantage of a two on one situation making it 6-1 and it was all that Texas would do.
La Fiera would respond with four goals in the third quarter led by a pair of De Souza goals that made it 10-1 at the end of three quarters.
Hidalgo would add three goals in the final quarter wrapping up their victory over the Striker by a score of 13-1.
The next game for Hidalgo La Fiera is on Sunday, November 17, 2013 when they host Saltillo Rancho Seco with a kickoff at 5:05 pm.
For more information and tickets on La Fiera F.C. call (956) 843-5656 or by visiting, the State Farm Arena offices located at 2600 N. 10th St.
La Fiera F.C. are members of the Professional Arena Soccer League Central Division with 20 teams located across the United States and Mexico.
• Discuss this story on the Professional Arena Soccer League message board...
Professional Arena Soccer League Stories from November 10, 2013
- Fury Win Opener 6-5 - Ontario Fury
- Dallas Sidekicks Fall to Ontario Fury 6-5 Despite Second Half Comeback - Dallas Sidekicks
- De Souza with Four Goals as La Fiera Win Home Opener - Hidalgo La Fiera
- Ontario Fury Game Day - November 10, 2013 - Ontario Fury
- Harrisburg Heat Falls in Cleveland - Harrisburg Heat
- Dallas Sidekicks Defeat Defending PASL Champs San Diego 5-3 - Dallas Sidekicks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.