Darian Jenkins Joins Melbourne Victory on Loan for W-League Season
TACOMA, WASH. - Reign FC's Darian Jenkins will join Australian W-League side Melbourne Victory FC on loan for the 2019-20 season. It will mark Jenkins' first season playing professional soccer abroad.
One of the founding members of the W-League, Victory won the 2013-14 Championship and are the reigning Premiers after finishing last season at the top of the table with a 7-2-3 record.
Jenkins had a breakout year with Reign FC, scoring four goals and adding one assist in 17 appearances. The forward recorded a brace in nine minutes against the Orlando Pride on September 7, for which she was named the NWSL Player of the Week for Week 21.
Melbourne Victory begin their season on the road against Sydney FC on Saturday, November 16 at 9:00 p.m. PT. Select W-League matches can be seen throughout the season on ESPN+.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from November 5, 2019
- Darian Jenkins Joins Melbourne Victory on Loan for W-League Season - Reign FC
- Five NWSL Players Selected off NWSL Re-Entry Wire - NWSL
- Orlando Pride Claims Rights to Chloe Logarzo Through Re-Entry Wire - Orlando Pride
- Utah Royals FC Acquires Three Players Through 2019 End-Of-Season Re-Entry Wire - Utah Royals FC
- Six Reign FC Players Called in for International Duty - Reign FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.