Daniel Bedoya Joins New York City FC
New York, N.Y. - New York City FC are delighted to announce the signing of Daniel Bedoya.
A Queens native, Bedoya played for our PDL affiliate, Long Island Rough Riders, making 21 appearances, notching four goals and three assists.
Bedoya has been training with the first-team since catching the eye of the coaching staff in a midweek scrimmage between NYCFC and the Rough Riders at Etihad City Football Academy.
Bedoya told NYCFC.com: "It's awesome that I'm in the city that I was raised in. I came from Colombia when I was eight and have been in Queens ever since. Playing for the team of my city, it's just a great opportunity for me and I'm very excited.
Daniel continued: "The first training sessions, there was obviously a lot of nerves, but the guys have been great ever since I came in, they were very friendly, very nice. The leaders on the team like Maxi, David and all of them have been helpful.
"I think I just have to keep working in training, I just have to grind it out, work my way to a roster spot and we go from there."
Daniel was a member of the New York Red Bulls Academy and played for NYRB II from 2015 to 2017, making 25 USL appearances over two seasons.
Head Coach Domènec Torrent said of his new midfield charge: "We watched the friendly game and we saw this player, Danny, and saw he has a special quality to play in between the lines.
"His position is in between Maxi and Jesus, he has control all the time, and he understands soccer which is very important for me. He's a smart player. I'm sure 100 percent he's able to help the team."
Sporting Director Claudio Reyna added: "The relationship with Long Island Rough Riders and PDL is very positive. We're able to get a friendly game with them and see some of these players up close. You can see why we have relationships like this because at any moment you can find a player like Danny and we're really happy with Long Island and the work they're doing."
Name: Daniel Bedoya
Age/DOB: 24 (2/13/1994)
Last Team: Long Island Rough Riders
Images from this story
Daniel Bedoya of New York City FC
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 9, 2018
- Chicago Fire Waive Defender Kevin Ellis and Midfielder Tony Tchani - Chicago Fire
- Sounders FC Recognizes Family of Officer Diego Moreno at Sunday's Match, Reminds Fans of Kickoff Time Change - Seattle Sounders FC
- Avaya Stadium to Host Chivas vs. Pumas on October 10 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Forward Lucas Melano Returns to Timbers from Loan with Estudiantes - Portland Timbers
- Daniel Bedoya Joins New York City FC - New York City FC
- Atlanta United Academy Adds Three Coaches to Staff - Atlanta United FC
- Philadelphia Union Name Ernst Tanner as Club's New Sporting Director - Philadelphia Union
- Independent Panel Denies Alberth Elis Red Card Appeal - Houston Dynamo
- Whitecaps FC - Toronto FC Battle to Thrilling 2-2 Draw - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Postgame Notes: Houston Dynamo 3-3 (7-6) Los Angeles FC - Houston Dynamo
- Whitecaps FC and Midfielder Bernie Ibini Mutually Agree to Part Ways - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- LAFC Loses to Houston Dynamo on Penalty Kicks in U.S. Open Cup Semifinals - Los Angeles FC
- Dynamo Advance to U.S. Open Cup Final with Penalty Shootout Win - Houston Dynamo
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York City FC Stories
- New York City FC Trades Jonathan Lewis to the Colorado Rapids
- Notes & Quotes: Montreal Impact 0 - 2 New York City FC
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 1 - 1 Orlando City SC
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 2 - 0 Chicago Fire SC
- Fat Joe, Remy Ma, Papoose, Tony Sunshine and Angelica Vila to Celebrate Bronx Borough Night with New York City FC Tonight