Dallas Stars Recall Forward Rhett Gardner from Texas
FRISCO, Texas - Dallas Stars General Manager Jim Nill announced today that the team has recalled forward Rhett Gardner from the Texas Stars and assigned him to the Taxi Squad.
Gardner, 24, has skated in two games with the Stars so far in 2020-21. He has also appeared in two AHL games with Texas this season, recording five shots on goal. Gardner posted eight shots on goal, eight hits and an average time on ice per game of 10:08 in eight regular-season NHL games with Dallas in 2019-20. Additionally, the forward shared second on Texas with three game-winning goals and fifth with 15 assists, finishing with 24 points (9-1524) in 55 AHL games with Texas last season.
The 6-foot-3, 215-pound native of Moose Jaw, Sask. was originally selected by Dallas in the fourth round (116th overall) of the 2016 NHL Draft.
The Texas Stars are the primary development affiliate of the NHL's Dallas Stars. For more information, call (512) GO-STARS (467-8277) or visit TexasStars.com.
Images from this story
Texas Stars forward Rhett Gardner
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 20, 2021
- The Zayde and Zane Show Leads Opening Night Win - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolves Start Fast, Stack 10 Goals - Chicago Wolves
- Crunch Edged by Amerks, 3-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Devils Shut Down by Phantoms, 3-0 - Binghamton Devils
- Amerks Hold off Crunch for Fourth Straight Win - Rochester Americans
- A Grand Return for the Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Mahura Recalled - San Diego Gulls
- Monsters Pick up a Point in 2-1 Overtime Loss to Griffins - Cleveland Monsters
- Burroughs Returns to Eagles, Four Reassigned to Utah - Colorado Eagles
- Dallas Stars Recall Forward Rhett Gardner from Texas - Texas Stars
- McMichael's Hat Trick, 34 Saves from Fucale Earns Bears 3-1 Win over Penguins - Hershey Bears
- Game Preview: Penguins at Bears, 1 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Gulls Suffer First Loss of Season - San Diego Gulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.