Dallas Stars Re-Sign Brendan Ranford and Justin Dowling
FRISCO, Texas - Dallas Stars General Manager Jim Nill announced today that the club has signed center Justin Dowling and left wing Brendan Ranford, each to a one-year contract. Per club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Dowling, 25, finished fifth on Texas with 46 points (11-35=46) in 52 regular season games in 2015-16. He finished third on the team with his 35 assists, which tied a career high. In four Calder Cup Playoff contests, he tied for the team lead with two goals and was third with three points (2-1=3). The fourth-year professional has posted 173 career points in 229 career AHL games played, all with Texas.
The 5-foot-10, 190-pound native of Cochrane, Alberta was originally signed by Dallas as an undrafted free agent on March 26, 2014.
Ranford, 24, led Texas with 59 points (19-40=59) appearing in all 76 games played in the 2015-16. His 40 assists led the team and were tied for 12th in the AHL. He was selected for the Pacific Division team at the 2016 AHL All-Star challenge. In four Calder Cup Playoff contests, he tied for the team lead with four points (1-3=4).
The three-year professional has posted 143 points (49-94=143) in in 214 career AHL regular season games played, all with Texas. He appeared in one NHL contest, with Dallas, on Feb. 19, 2015 vs. San Jose. He took 13 shifts in the game and did not record a point.
The 5-foot-10, 190-pound native of Edmonton, Alberta was originally selected by Philadelphia in the seventh round (209th overall) of the 2010 NHL Draft. He was signed by Dallas as a free agent on July 2, 2014.
The Texas Stars are the primary development affiliate of the NHL's Dallas Stars and currently in their seventh season at H-E-B Center at Cedar Park. Full season, 24-game and 12-game ticket packages for the 2016-17 campaign are on sale now. For more information, call (512) GO-STARS (467-8277) or visit TexasStars.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from May 31, 2016
- Monsters Announce Calder Cup Finals Broadcast Schedule - Cleveland Monsters
- Watch the Calder Cup Finals for Free on AHL Live - Binghamton Senators
- Dallas Stars Re-Sign Brendan Ranford and Justin Dowling - Texas Stars
- Home Opener Set for October 14 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Reading Native Steven Swavely Signed to AHL Contract for 2016-17 Season - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Syracuse Crunch to Offer Hat Trick Award as Part of Wednesday Walk Series - Syracuse Crunch
- Need to Know: Watch Calder Cup Finals for Free; Coaches Hired; a Condor Goes Pro - Bakersfield Condors
- Monsters Calder Cup Finals Schedule Announced - Cleveland Monsters
- Complete Schedule Announced for 2016 Calder Cup Finals - AHL
- Ulf Samuelsson Named Charlotte Checkers Head Coach - Charlotte Checkers
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Update - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.