Reading Native Steven Swavely Signed to AHL Contract for 2016-17 Season
Lehigh Valley, PA - The Lehigh Valley Phantoms, proud AHL affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers, are pleased to announce that forward Steven Swavely has been signed to an AHL contract for the 2016-2017 season.
A native of Reading, Pa., Swavely appeared in 15 games with the Phantoms last season following the conclusion of a four-year college career at the University of Maine. During his time with Lehigh Valley, the 6'1", 190-pound forward tallied three goals and four penalty minutes and notched his first professional marker on April 1 as part of a 4-1 victory over the St. John's IceCaps.
In four seasons with the Black Bears from 2012 to 2016, Swavely amassed 33 goals, 48 assists, 81 points and 50 penalty minutes across 146 games and served as Maine's captain during his senior season (2015-16).
RISE UP! Another thrilling season of Lehigh Valley Phantoms hockey at PPL Center is right around the corner. Reserve your season tickets for the 2016-2017 season of Phantoms hockey. For more information on how to reserve your seat at PPL Center to the hottest ticket in town, call the Phantoms front office today at 610-224-GOAL !
And for the latest Phantoms news, visit www.phantomshockey.com or follow the team on Facebook (www.facebook.com/lehighvalleyphantoms), Twitter (@lvphantoms) and Instagram (@lehighvalleyphantoms).
The Phantoms are thrilled to host the 2017 AHL All-Star Classic at PPL Center January 28-30. The AHL All-Star Classic weekend includes a Phan Fest during the day on Saturday, January 28 and a Tailgate Party that evening, followed by the AHL All-Star Skills Competition on Sunday, January 29 and the 2017 AHL All-Star Game on Monday, January 30. Starting at just $67, tickets for the 2017 AHL All-Star Classic weekend are on sale now and include admission to Saturday's Phan Fest & Tailgate Party, Sunday's AHL All-Star Skills Competition and Monday's All-Star Game. To purchase tickets, please visit www.phantomshockey.com or www.pplcenter.com.
The Phantoms are coming off their 20th Anniversary Season and second campaign in the Lehigh Valley playing at the state-of-the-art PPL Center. Established in 1996, the Phantoms spent their first 13 seasons at the Spectrum in Philadelphia before re-locating to Glens Falls, New York in 2009 where the team spent the next five seasons as the Adirondack Phantoms. A new era of Phantoms hockey began in the fall of 2014 when the Lehigh Valley Phantoms began play at the state-of-the-art PPL Center. Through 19 incredibly successful campaigns, the Phantoms have captured two Calder Cup Championships (1998, 2005), two Conference Championships (1998, 2005), two Regular Season Titles (1996-97, 1997-98) and four Division Championships (1996-97, 1997-98, 1998-99, 2003-04).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from May 31, 2016
- Monsters Announce Calder Cup Finals Broadcast Schedule - Cleveland Monsters
- Watch the Calder Cup Finals for Free on AHL Live - Binghamton Senators
- Dallas Stars Re-Sign Brendan Ranford and Justin Dowling - Texas Stars
- Home Opener Set for October 14 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Reading Native Steven Swavely Signed to AHL Contract for 2016-17 Season - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Syracuse Crunch to Offer Hat Trick Award as Part of Wednesday Walk Series - Syracuse Crunch
- Need to Know: Watch Calder Cup Finals for Free; Coaches Hired; a Condor Goes Pro - Bakersfield Condors
- Monsters Calder Cup Finals Schedule Announced - Cleveland Monsters
- Complete Schedule Announced for 2016 Calder Cup Finals - AHL
- Ulf Samuelsson Named Charlotte Checkers Head Coach - Charlotte Checkers
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Update - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lehigh Valley Phantoms Stories
- PPL Center Selected to Host NCAA DI Men's Ice Hockey Regionals in 2022, 2023, and 2025
- Phantoms Sign D Logan Day to a One-Year Deal
- Flyers Sign Alex Lyon to a One-Year Contract Extension
- Flyers Sign Nicolas Aube-Kubel to a Two-Year Contract Extension
- Phantoms Sign Two Forwards to AHL Contracts