Syracuse Crunch to Offer Hat Trick Award as Part of Wednesday Walk Series
SYRACUSE, N.Y. - The Syracuse Crunch are partnering with SUNY Oswego Metro Center, the Downtown Committee of Syracuse and other downtown businesses to offer the Hat Trick Award as part of the 2016 Wednesday Walk series kicking off this Wednesday, June 1 in Clinton Square.
The Wednesday Walk is an opportunity to learn more about the downtown Syracuse area as participants step away from their desks and get some exercise during themed biweekly walks. Syracuse is a vibrant city with an abundance of things to do and see. The Wednesday Walk helps feature everything downtown has to offer.
Any participant that attends at least three walks will be entered to win the Hat Trick Award and receive a 10-pack of Crunch tickets and personalized Crunch jersey. The Crunch will also host a Wednesday Walk night in the fall and recognize participants during a 2016-17 home game.
The 2016 series will kick off at noon this Wednesday, June 1 near the Clinton Square home of SUNY Oswego Metro Center and its Active Aging and Engagement Center in the Atrium building in downtown Syracuse. The first week's theme is "Look Up," highlighting architectural details people frequently miss because they are located on the tops of buildings.
Thirteen walks in all are planned for the 2016 series. Six will start at noon in Clinton Square and last for 40 to 45 minutes. Seven walks will begin at 6 p.m. and last 90 minutes. All but one of the evening walks will start at Clinton Square, though some will finish at destinations within several blocks of the square, most with a reception at a local restaurant or social event space. The final walk of the series is the Crunch walk. Crunch players and walk participants will go on a 45-minute guided tour that ends at the War Memorial Arena. Once participants reach the War Memorial Arena, they will have the opportunity to tour Crunch facilities with players and staff. A full schedule for the Wednesday Walk Series can be found here.
In addition to the Hat Trick Award, the person who goes on the most walks will win a free pair of sneakers and fitting from Fleet Feet Sports. Additionally, the company with the most employees participating in the walk will win a catered lunch for all of their company's participants, sponsored by the Downtown Committee of Syracuse.
Syracuse Crunch ticket packages for the 2016-17 season are on sale now and can be purchased either in person at the Crunch office located in the War Memorial Arena at 800 S. State St. in Syracuse or by calling the office at 315-473-4444. For the latest Crunch news, visit www.syracusecrunch.com or follow the club on Facebook (www.facebook.com/syracusecrunch), Twitter (@SyracuseCrunch) and Instagram (@syracusecrunch) using #SyrCrunch and #BelieveInBlue.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from May 31, 2016
- Monsters Announce Calder Cup Finals Broadcast Schedule - Cleveland Monsters
- Watch the Calder Cup Finals for Free on AHL Live - Binghamton Senators
- Dallas Stars Re-Sign Brendan Ranford and Justin Dowling - Texas Stars
- Home Opener Set for October 14 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Reading Native Steven Swavely Signed to AHL Contract for 2016-17 Season - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Syracuse Crunch to Offer Hat Trick Award as Part of Wednesday Walk Series - Syracuse Crunch
- Need to Know: Watch Calder Cup Finals for Free; Coaches Hired; a Condor Goes Pro - Bakersfield Condors
- Monsters Calder Cup Finals Schedule Announced - Cleveland Monsters
- Complete Schedule Announced for 2016 Calder Cup Finals - AHL
- Ulf Samuelsson Named Charlotte Checkers Head Coach - Charlotte Checkers
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Update - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Syracuse Crunch Stories
- Syracuse Crunch Announce Training Camp Schedule
- Syracuse Crunch Welcome to Town Event at Turning Stone Resort Casino October 2
- Syracuse Crunch Single Game Tickets on Sale September 12
- Syracuse Crunch Sign Forward Mikhail Shalagin to AHL Contract
- Syracuse Crunch Announce Preseason Schedule