Dallas Returns Jamie Oleksiak to Texas
CEDAR PARK, TX - The Texas Stars, proud American Hockey League affiliate of the Dallas Stars, announced today that Dallas has returned defenseman Jamie Oleksiak to Texas.
Oleksiak, 20, appeared in five games with Dallas, recording one assist and averaging 15:40 time on ice. He recorded his first NHL point in last night's contest against the Calgary Flames, notching one assist. The Toronto native is one of seven players in the League listed at 6-foot-7 or taller and became the tallest player in Dallas Stars history when he made his NHL debut on Feb. 1 against Phoenix.
Prior to being recalled by Dallas on Jan. 30, he led all Texas Stars defensemen in scoring with 23 points (3G-20A) in 43 contests. Oleksiak played in the 2013 AHL All-Star Game in Providence, R.I. where he earned the game-winning assist and a plus-3 rating in the contest.
The Dallas Stars wrap-up their three-game road trip through Western Canada on Friday, Feb. 15 against the Vancouver Canucks at 9:00 p.m. (TV: FOX Sports Southwest; Radio: 1310 The Ticket).
The Texas Stars conclude their home stand as they host the Oklahoma City Barons for a two-game weekend series on Friday, February 15th at 7:30 p.m. and Saturday, February 16th at 7:00 p.m. at Cedar Park Center. Friday's game is a Texas Lottery Lucky Row Night, a $3 Beer Night and the third Texas Stars Player Magnet Giveaway, while Saturday's game is a Family Four Pack Night and the New Braunfels Gym Bag Giveaway. Pro-rated full and partial 2012-13 season seat packages are on sale now. For more information on Texas Stars season tickets call (512) GO-STARS (467-8277) or visit www.TexasStarsHockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 14, 2013
- Checkers Top Chicago in Overtime - Charlotte Checkers
- Family Weekend Full of Giveaways at the BMO - Rockford IceHogs
- Heat Release Rollheiser from PTO - Abbotsford Heat
- Lightning Assign Pierre-Cedric Labrie and Brendan Mikkelson to Syracuse for Conditioning - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Welcome Rampage for Back-To-Back Games Next Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rampage Acquire Defenseman Zach Miskovic from Chicago Wolves - San Antonio Rampage
- Wolves Trade Miskovic to San Antonio - Chicago Wolves
- Minnesota Wild Assign Charlie Coyle And Matt Kassian - Houston Aeros
- Rampage Announce Face-Off against Kids Cancer Event at Magik Theatre - San Antonio Rampage
- B-Sens to Host Fourth Annual Hockey & Heels Event - Binghamton Senators
- Dallas Returns Jamie Oleksiak to Texas - Texas Stars
- Big Weekend on and off the Ice for the Admirals - Milwaukee Admirals
- Admirals Sign Forward Brayden Irwin to New PTO - Norfolk Admirals
- February 14 Weekend Preview vs Peoria, Rockford, Milwaukee - Abbotsford Heat
- Button Returns to Providence - Providence Bruins
- Forward Louie Caporusso Reassigned to Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- Buddy the Puffin to Greet Fans at IceCaps Alley - St. John's IceCaps
- Flames Recall Roman Horak From Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Lightning Acquire Goaltender Cedrick Desjardins From Montreal - Syracuse Crunch
- Canadiens Acquire Dustin Tokarski in Exchange for Cedrick Desjardins - Hamilton Bulldogs
- IceCaps, Purolator Feed Those in Need with 3,500 Pounds of Food - St. John's IceCaps
- Nestrasil Rejoins Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- IceCaps Discuss Future Plans with Corporate Partners - St. John's IceCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.