'Dads Tie Strikeout Mark in Win over Kannapolis
Hickory, NC - The Hickory Crawdads beat the Kannapolis Intimidators 6-1 in Thursday's Home Opener.
The 'Dads racked up 17 strikeouts, tying a team record for a nine inning game. Starter Jake Latz struck out eight batters across five innings. Tai Tiedemann struck out five in two innings of work while Nick Snyder finished things off with four punch outs in two innings.
Miguel Aparicio got the 'Dads on the board in the bottom of the fifth inning with a double that tied the game at one. Frainyer Chavez followed up with a two run single. Chris Seise reached on a single but was picked off trying to steal second. Seise was able to extend the rundown long enough for Chavez to score from third to put the 'Dads up 4-0.
Sam Huff and Pedro Gonzalez hit back-to-back homeruns in the bottom half of the sixth to extend the lead to five.
The homestand continues tomorrow evening with Roaring '20s Night and a post-game fireworks show. The game will also be the first Arby's Reading Program night of the season and students who completed the program can redeem their bookmarks for up to four free tickets. First pitch is at 7pm and gates will open at 6pm.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from April 11, 2019
- Inman Powers West Virginia Past Augusta in Home Opener - West Virginia Power
- Crowd of 8,000-Plus Pours into Riley Park for Home Opener as Grasshoppers Shutout RiverDogs - Charleston RiverDogs
- Drive Drop Road Opener to Braves in Extras - Greenville Drive
- Knight Shines, Turchin Goes Yard as 'Birds Win Opener - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Legends Swat Fireflies with 14-3 Victory in Game One - Lexington Legends
- 'Dads Tie Strikeout Mark in Win over Kannapolis - Hickory Crawdads
- Augusta Shutout for the 2nd Time in 2019 - Augusta GreenJackets
- Sharp Blasts First Homer of Season in Lexington - Columbia Fireflies
- Five-Run First Launches Suns to Win - Hagerstown Suns
- Tourists Drop Second Straight in Road Trip Opener - Asheville Tourists
- Fireflies Game Notes: April 11 at Lexington (Game 7) - Columbia Fireflies
- Game Notes (April 11) - West Virginia Power
- Hagerstown Suns Game Notes - Hagerstown Suns
- Offense Erupts in 9-8 Win over Greenville - Augusta GreenJackets
- Maciver Homers in Third Straight Game But T's Come up Short - Asheville Tourists
- Drive Outslugged by GreenJackets on Wednesday - Greenville Drive
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.