D.C. United to Host the U.S. Men's National Team at Audi Field on June 5
WASHINGTON - D.C. United have announced that the U.S. Men's National Team will open its final preparation phase for the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup by hosting a rematch of the 2017 final against Jamaica on June 5 at Audi Field in Washington, DC. It will be the first international match in the national capital's new home for soccer Kickoff at Audi Field is set for 7 PM ET, and the match will be broadcast live on FS1, UniMas and UDN. Fans can also follow along via U.S. Soccer's official Facebook, Twitter (@USMNT) and Instagram (@USMNT) accounts.
"We are proud to have Audi Field host the U.S. Men's National Team against Jamaica as it prepares for the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup," Jason Levien, D.C. United Co-Chairman, said. "There is growing and passionate support in the DMV for soccer, and this first international match at our stadium in our nation's capital will be an historic event."
The match against Jamaica - who reached the championship match in each of the last two editions for the Gold Cup - will be the first following the official submission of the MNT's 23-player roster for the tournament. All 16 teams must submit their lists to Concacaf by June 3.
"As we prepare for the start of the Gold Cup, this is the perfect opportunity in terms of opponent and venue," U.S. MNT head coach Gregg Berhalter said. "Playing against Jamaica we get exposure to another different style of play, and one that we may see later in the tournament. For us, there's always something special about playing in the nation's capital. There have been so many memorable games for the National Team in Washington, D.C., and now we look forward to beginning another chapter in the new stadium."
The U.S. Men's National Team will begin its quest for a record-tying seventh confederation title when they face Guyana, Trinidad & Tobago and Panama in Group D of the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup, taking place June 15-July 7 in the United States, Costa Rica and Jamaica.
The MNT opens the 15th edition of the Concacaf Gold Cup with its first trip to Minnesota, taking on Guyana on Tuesday, June 18 at Allianz Field in Saint Paul, Minn., a venue that has already set the fastest record for a sell-out in tournament history.
Following that match, the U.S. moves east to face Trinidad & Tobago on Saturday, June 22 at FirstEnergy Stadium in Cleveland before closing group play against Panama on Wednesday, June 26 at Children's Mercy Park in Kansas City, Kan.
Tickets go on sale to the public Friday, May 3, at 10 AM ET through ussoccer.com.
Ultimate Fan Tickets (special VIP packages that include a premium ticket, a custom-made official U.S. National Team jersey with name and number, VIP access to the field before and after the game, and other unique benefits) are also available exclusively through ussoccer.com.
Coaches Circle and Presidents Circle members supporting the U.S. Soccer Development Fund can receive individual customer support and concierge services for their ticketing needs. Click here or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 25, 2019
- Timbers Weekly Update: April 25, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- Atlanta United Announces Date Change for Match at LAFC - Atlanta United FC
- Philadelphia Union to Open New Premium VIP "Tunnel Clubâ? at Talen Energy Stadium - Philadelphia Union
- LAFC Announces Date Change for Home Match against Atlanta United FC - Los Angeles FC
- Portland Timbers, Portland Thorns FC Renew Partnership with Dark Horse Comics for National Superhero Day - Portland Timbers
- D.C. United to Host the U.S. Men's National Team at Audi Field on June 5 - D.C. United
- Match Preview: New York Begins Three-Match Homestand on Saturday - New York Red Bulls
- Columbus Crew SC Single-Match Tickets for Second Half of 2019 Regular Season on Sale Today - Columbus Crew SC
- D.C. United Announce Partnership with Soccer the Brazilian Way to Launch D.C. United Futsal Academy - D.C. United
- Shea Salinas records first-ever brace in road draw - San Jose Earthquakes
- Second-Half Comeback Propels Sounders FC to 2-2 Draw with San Jose - Seattle Sounders FC
- MNUFC Draw Galaxy 0-0 - Minnesota United FC
- Revolution Fall to Montreal Impact, 3-0 - New England Revolution
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 0, Minnesota United FC 0 - Wednesday, April 24, 2019 - LA Galaxy
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent D.C. United Stories
- D.C. United Acquires Atlanta United Midfielder Julian Gressel for $750,000 in TAM
- Junior Moreno and Ulises Segura Obtain Green Cards
- D.C. United Sign Academy Product Kevin Paredes
- D.C. United Announce 2020 Preseason Schedule
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of D.C. United