D.C. United hire Pete Calabrese to training staff
Washington, D.C. (April 20, 2007) - D.C. United announced the team has hired Pete Calabrese as Assistant Athletic Trainer and Strength/Conditioning Coach. In addition to his first team duties, Calabrese will also work with the reserve and youth teams and serve as a Sport Performance Coach at Velocity Sports Performance.
"Pete's dual credentials and soccer experience make him a good fit with our team," said United Head Athletic Trainer and Conditioning Coach Brian Goodstein. "We are excited about having him on board, and the new partnership we have started with Velocity Sports Performance."
Prior to joining United, Calabrese worked at Sentara Healthcare. He also served as the Virginia Beach Mariners' Assistant Athletic Trainer and Strength/Conditioning Coach before becoming Head Athletic Training Coach for both the team's United Soccer League and Premier Development League programs.
Calabrese earned his B.S. from University of South Carolina Aiken in Exercise and Sport Science in 2004 where he was a goalkeeper for the USCA soccer team. He later earned his M.S. from the University of Tennessee Chattanooga in Athletic Training in 2006.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 20, 2007
- Fire Signs Defender Erik Hort - Chicago Fire
- MLS Weekly Preview and Broadcast Info - MLS
- Galaxy Clasico Iii Sold Out For 2007 - LA Galaxy
- Fire Faces Kansas City Wizards Saturday - Chicago Fire
- Rapids Acquire Denver South High Grad Conor Casey - Colorado Rapids
- D.C. United hire Pete Calabrese to training staff - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent D.C. United Stories
- D.C. United Beat Colorado Rapids 3-2 on the Road
- D.C. United Announce Two Washington Spirit Matches at Audi Field
- D.C. United Draw 0-0 with Montreal at Audi Field
- D.C. United Fall to LAFC 4-0 at Audi Field
- D.C. United Announce Complimentary FloFC Subscriptions for Black-And-Red Fans in April