Galaxy Clasico Iii Sold Out For 2007
CARSON, Calif. (Friday, April 20, 2007) - Galaxy Clásico III, the Los Angeles Galaxy's third annual adult soccer tournament, has sold out the club announced. Featuring, 48 teams in two divisions, Galaxy Clásico is one of the premier adult soccer tournaments in Southern California. Teams still wishing to enter Galaxy Clásico III can put their names on a wait list by emailing email@example.com.
The tournament, which is sponsored by adidas, AM 830, Glidden, Herbalife and La Opinion, will be held on April 28 and 29 at the San Bernardino Soccer Complex. All 48 teams, 40 in the Men's Open Division and eight in the Men's Over-30 Division will be divided into four-team groups and will play three games against the other teams in their group in a round robin format. In the Open Division, the 10 group winners and six best second place teams will advance to the knockout stages of the competition while the top two teams in each of the Over-30 groups will advance to the semifinals of that tournament.
The winner of the Open Division will receive a $5000 cash prize and former Galaxy assistant coach Ralph Perez will be on hand to scout for the club.
The reigning Clásico champions of both the Open and Over-30 Divisions return in 2007. Blackwatch is back to defend their Over-30 championship while Columbus Crew, one of Southern California's top amateur clubs, are back looking to claim a third consecutive Open Division title after winning each of the first two editions of Galaxy Clásico.
Other teams scheduled to appear are the LA Blues, which feature a pair of former Galaxy players in Jose Botello and Jason Boyce, USL sides Southern California Seahorses and Los Angeles Storm and Hollywood United which features players like Paul Caligiuri, Alexi Lalas, Frank LeBoeuf, David Vaudreuil and Eric Wynalda.
While Galaxy Clásico III is now sold out, the next Galaxy Tournament is not. The sixth annual Copa LA, one of the region's top youth tournaments, will be played at the San Bernardino Soccer Complex from May 26-28. For more details or to register your team for Copa LA, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 20, 2007
- Fire Signs Defender Erik Hort - Chicago Fire
- MLS Weekly Preview and Broadcast Info - MLS
- Galaxy Clasico Iii Sold Out For 2007 - LA Galaxy
- Fire Faces Kansas City Wizards Saturday - Chicago Fire
- Rapids Acquire Denver South High Grad Conor Casey - Colorado Rapids
- D.C. United hire Pete Calabrese to training staff - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent LA Galaxy Stories
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 2, Houston Dynamo 1 - Friday, April 19, 2019
- LA Galaxy Announce 2019 LA Galaxy Special Olympics Unified Roster
- LA Galaxy to Host Golf Tournament on June 10 to Benefit LA Galaxy Foundation
- LA Galaxy to Celebrate Protect the Pitch Night Friday at Dignity Health Sports Park
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 2, Philadelphia Union 0 - Saturday, April 13, 2019